CVA Optima with Williams Peep Not Enough Adjustment?

TexasCub

WKR
So I’ve got a CVA Optima v2 and I swapped the rear sight with a Williams peep and kept the stock front sight. At 100 yards to be dead on I barely have a hair of the Williams peep on the sliding ramp it mounts on. I can’t get it to zero, there’s not enough vertical adjustment. I found an article where a guy used a marble ramp with a globe hood but the marble ramp that fits the CVA is out of stock everywhere. Does anyone have a solution for this dilemma? It’s driving me crazy because the gun shoots great with Bh209 and Thor’s but I can’t for the life of me figure out what I need so I have enough adjustment to sight this sun bitch in!

Thomas11

WKR
Good luck getting someone to help u from Williams. I ordered a Williams peep and front sight. Hadn’t gotten it in yet but I hear this is a common problem. They absolutely have the worst customer service I’ve ever witnessed. If there were another option for a peep I would have tried it simply due to their customer service. But the Williams peep seems to be the only one out there that gets any attention. But they r complete jerks in my opinion.

OP
T

TexasCub

WKR
It just blows my mind , with the number of people running peeps on CVA muzzleloader that there isn’t a clear option on any of the common muzzleloader websites. Theres basically two ramps available for the front of the CVA the Marble arms and the Williams shorty. The marble arms is unavailable anywhere and that’s been the case for months. The shorty is unavailable in 1/8” anywhere . This is friggin retarded that you do a simple and common iron sight upgrade to your muzzleloader and my only option is to redneck up some shims for the Williams peep (which many have done) because there is no clear option to purchase.

Thomas11

WKR
It just blows my mind , with the number of people running peeps on CVA muzzleloader that there isn’t a clear option on any of the common muzzleloader websites. Theres basically two ramps available for the front of the CVA the Marble arms and the Williams shorty. The marble arms is unavailable anywhere and that’s been the case for months. The shorty is unavailable in 1/8” anywhere . This is friggin retarded that you do a simple and common iron sight upgrade to your muzzleloader and my only option is to redneck up some shims for the Williams peep (which many have done) because there is no clear option to purchase.
I agree! No one really has an answer nor do the ppl at Williams care! It’s really crazy that u can’t get a clear answer for some damn iron sights for a muzzleloader. I’m sure when I get mine they won’t work. The guys at Williams could give a shit less. That I can tell u

elkduds

WKR
I have the same issue w Williams ghost ring on Accura. The simple solution is to raise the rear sight slightly. Like the width of a shim made from an aluminum can, under the rear sight.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I took a file to the front sight (it’s aluminum) to shorten it and then file it back to a point. I didn’t quite take enough off and was in a hurry sighting last season so I have a thin plastic shim (hotel key card) under the rear still. Just shimming the rear was going to take a thick shim and new screws.

OP
T

TexasCub

WKR
Yeah that’s whats keeping me from mcguivering it just yet, it’s not just the shim, it’s finding longer screws too. Just seems so poorly marketed that they don’t have some sort of disclaimer that says “Hey you also need this front sight too when buying this peep or your shit is going to shoot low at 100 even after you slide the peep right off the f’ing ramp!”

ATX762

Lil-Rokslider
Lotta good solutions, but filing down the existing front sight seems real easy, or getting a new front sight. It's pretty common to have to replace the front sight when you get an aperture sight, though usually you have to go taller.

Thomas11

WKR
Heads up. The Williams front ramp shorty will not fit on T/C impact. The diameter of screw w front ramp is too small to catch threads. And a bigger screw will not go thru the hole on the front ramp

I agree! No one really has an answer nor do the ppl at Williams care! It’s really crazy that u can’t get a clear answer for some damn iron sights for a muzzleloader. I’m sure when I get mine they won’t work. The guys at Williams could give a shit less. That I can tell u

Yeah I’m going thru this exact issue with my T/C pro hunter- the guy I spoke with at Williams originally acted like my question annoyed him. The second time I called he wouldn’t pick up the phone and apparently doesn’t understand a voicemail that says “can you call me back thanks”.

The only thing I’ve done to remedy this is to shoot 247’s vs 300, but it’s still a c-hair too low

Thomas11

WKR
Yeah I’m going thru this exact issue with my T/C pro hunter- the guy I spoke with at Williams originally acted like my question annoyed him. The second time I called he wouldn’t pick up the phone and apparently doesn’t understand a voicemail that says “can you call me back thanks”.

The only thing I’ve done to remedy this is to shoot 247’s vs 300, but it’s still a c-hair too low[/QUOTE
Yea I’m just gonna order some iron sight from T/c and see how they work. Apparently u can’t get a peep to work it seems. The threads don’t aren’t even the same on front sight as my t/c and the guy said I’d have to drill the ramp and get a diff screw to fit it. Idk? Seems like a shitshow lol

You could try mounting a weaver base and running the necg peep.
So knight guys are having success doing that. And that's what I have on the bench to try.

OP
T

TexasCub

WKR
Well the sight I listed above came in and it’s not compatible with my Optima...figures! I did however go to Sportsman’s today and found a tru glo sight set that has an optional peep for the rear sight and after some drilling and reusing the screws on the Williams Peep I was able to make it work. The peep adjusts much higher than the Williams one does. Will shoot it tomorrow and see how it works. What a friggin cluster phuck to not me able to get a front sight that matches a rear peep without going full redneck on it. I contacted Marble and they said they will not be producing any of their ramps for a month or two. WTF?

Truglo Muzzleloader-Brite Universal Sight Set Interchangeable Rear Ghost Ring & Notched Rear Sight | Natchez

Last edited:

JMarbs

FNG
Well the sight I listed above came in and it’s not compatible with my Optima...figures! I did however go to Sportsman’s today and found a tru glo sight set that has an optional peep for the rear sight and after some drilling and reusing the screws on the Williams Peep I was able to make it work. The peep adjusts much higher than the Williams one does. Will shoot it tomorrow and see how it works. What a friggin cluster phuck to not me able to get a front sight that matches a rear peep without going full redneck on it. I contacted Marble and they said they will not be producing any of their ramps for a month or two. WTF?

Truglo Muzzleloader-Brite Universal Sight Set Interchangeable Rear Ghost Ring & Notched Rear Sight | Natchez

Any luck with the Truglo sight?