Question on western muzzleloader regs

TauPhi111

WKR
Hi everyone,

So I am both a newb and experienced when it comes to muzzleloaders...being from PA, I've always had my TC Firestorm flintlock for the late flintlock season we have there, but I've never owned an inline or any other kind of muzzleloader. Now that I live in Ohio, I'd like to get one for deer here, but I'd also like to start applying for western muzzleloader tags for various animals that I might not have a great chance to draw otherwise.

The problem I have is I know that muzzleloader regs amongst the western states vary widely. I know some places don't allow optics, some don't allow sabots, some need an all lead projectile, etc... Is there a thread on here where all of those regs have been summarized so I don't have to go do 8+ state websites so I can get an idea of what kind of muzzleloader I need to buy? If no thread, does anyone know of a website or anywhere where all of that info has been put in one place?

Been thinking about a CVA Accura MR and having my smith install a front sight and a peep for the non optics states

Oregon requires open ignition [see the cap ] plus certain caps .

That's on slate to change for 2019.

Currently Oregon is the most restrictive state.
Open ignition, No 209, loose powder, Solid bullet no longer then twice its diameter.
209 is allowed in Wa now.
Idaho lets you shoot powerbelts, can have a tip and or base but no sabot.
Co can have 209 but not sure it you have to shoot loose powder or not.

I would let the regs change for 2019, but for the most part Id get a 209 rifle and work up a load with loose powder and a solid bullet. At the worst if it doesn't change you would just have to buy a musket cap breech plug.
Maybe also work up a load for the powerbelt and you would be pretty set