Leave the Muzzleloader outside?

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
I’m about to head out on my first ever Muzzleloader Hunt. Shooting a Knight Ultralight with Pyrodex pellets and 300 grain Hornady SST’s with full plastic jacket 209’s. I’ll be taping my barrel and as added precaution I may do the rubber glove trick over the breach as I’ve seen recommended by Steve Alderman.

I’ll be sleeping in a Seek Outside Cimarron with a Kifaru Smith Cylinder. I’ve heard that it’s a big no no to bring the Muzzleloader into a warm environment overnight and then bring it outside in the morning to hunt. The Cimarron won’t be warm all night because i won’t be up all night feeding the stove but, due to the nature of single wall shelters there will be Condensation in there. I’m thinking about placing the Muzzleloader in a contractor bag and laying it just outside the Cimarron. Possibly with some paracord connecting it to my wrist! Lol. Hate the thought of that rifle just laying outside for someone to snatch it during the night. I’m a HARD sleeper. On the way to the hunt it will be in a case, in the canopy of my truck as to not get warm during the drive.

So should I Leave it outside for the night?

Pics for clicks:

9d0fbe23b7daac95a8621a0b9d3725ef.jpg

f48b7783f7b05af0cf6887d5684c0bb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
i don't.

I put my rifle on the tarp at the edge of the tipi where heat never reaches. you can cover it with something to keep it cold if you want.

OP
S

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
and no worries with it being in a humid environment in general in the Tipi?

OP
S

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
nope

what do you do when it snows outside?
how humid is rain?
how humid is a heavy dew?

Good points. If the rifle was outside it would be in a contractor bag.