Changing things up...

Some of you know that I really like the Williams Fiber Optic front sights on my Western rifles...

Front-Sight-set-up.jpg

But... when shooting paper targets, clay pigeons, and even hunting I have found that the red fiber optic does not seem to offer the contrast on the target I would really like to see.

I am sure there are a ton of places that you can purchase these Fiber Optic Rods, but I stumbled on this site when searching.

Fiber Optic Rod, .060" - 10-8 Performance Store

I ordered some of the Green rods to replace the red rods that I had. I was really surprised with the contrast difference the green rods provide versus the red rods. It certainly could be different for you! But, I have made a couple of range trips using the green rod and it really helps me.

Green-Rod.jpg

Green-Rod-0-060.jpg

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for that Sabotloader. Were the old red rods easy to push out?

OP
sabotloader
Some of you know that I really like the Williams Fiber Optic front sights on my Western rifles...

Front-Sight-set-up.jpg

But... when shooting paper targets, clay pigeons, and even hunting I have found that the red fiber optic does not seem to offer the contrast on the target I would really like to see.

I am sure there are a ton of places that you can purchase these Fiber Optic Rods, but I stumbled on this site when searching.

Fiber Optic Rod, .060" - 10-8 Performance Store

I ordered some of the Green rods to replace the red rods that I had. I was really surprised with the contrast difference the green rods provide versus the red rods. It certainly could be different for you! But, I have made a couple of range trips using the green rod and it really helps me.

Green-Rod.jpg

Green-Rod-0-060.jpg

You can not really just push them out because the ends have been melted to stay in the sight. I just cut the rod in one of the spaces and then pull each end out of the sight. Cut the green rod to be slightly longer than needed. Touch one end of the new rod with a hot iron (soldering iron in my case) insert the rod and touch melt the second end to hold the rod in place.