Static Electricity in speed loader

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone else ever experienced stactic electricity in their speed loaders? I went to reload using Blackhorn 209 this fall utilizing a speed loader and saw what seemed like a good amount of powder sticking to the inside of the tube on the speed loader. It’s hard to say how much was really stuck in the tube but it seemed to be due to static. Anyone have any suggestions?

ENCORE

WKR
Has anyone else ever experienced stactic electricity in their speed loaders? I went to reload using Blackhorn 209 this fall utilizing a speed loader and saw what seemed like a good amount of powder sticking to the inside of the tube on the speed loader. It’s hard to say how much was really stuck in the tube but it seemed to be due to static. Anyone have any suggestions?
Wipe the inside with a dryer sheet. Problem solved.

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Wipe the inside with a dryer sheet. Problem solved.
I tried that, after the fact though. It didn’t seem to have much of an effect, I still was getting a good amount of stuck powder. Maybe it’s not static?

ENCORE

WKR
I tried that, after the fact though. It didn’t seem to have much of an effect, I still was getting a good amount of stuck powder. Maybe it’s not static?

Use a new sheet LOL...….. Just kidding. If they're still sticking, maybe there is something else in there. HOT WATER, dry, wipe with a dryer sheet.

I have seen it with the bh209 before. I don't seem to have issues with it but another who hunts with me does. I limited it down to the fact he carried his quick loads in a fuzzy possibles pouch. Mine is smooth fabric. I think his being fleece builds more static. At least that's what I decided on. But yes I have definitely seen it.

What do you carry your loads in?

Also I found the actual black horn tubes are way better than a lot of the other tubes. Might be they know there is an issue and spec a slightly different plastic?

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was using the Knight speed loader and carried two in my hip pouch, two in my guide lid. Same result, maybe 5-10 grains of powder stuck to the sides of the speed loader. I also was carrying additional pre-charged loads in the Black Horn tubes (it was a back pack hunt) and had no issues with those.

I use the blackhorn tubes as well and no static. Muzzle-loaders.com 4 in 1 speed loaders have a lot of static. Will try the dryer sheet trick.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
i have the same issue with my bh209 tubes... pain in the rump to get accurate. i need to try this dryer sheet out too. usually i keep the tubes in plastic box.