Need HELP! T/C Pro Hunter FX STUCK

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
I have searched the WWW endlessly for anyone experiencing a similar issue and have turned up little in the way of a fix.

I have the 50 cal pro hunter. I disassembled the firearm for cleaning and punched out the hinge pin to get to the trigger internals. Reassembled and trigger operates just fine. Went to mate the barrel back up to the trigger assembly and punched the hinge pin back in, and I can't get the action to break open! The trigger guard depresses, but won't open the action. Took the hinge pin back out, still stuck. Took the gun to a gunsmith, he couldn't figure it out.

I'm about to pick it up and take the hinge pin back out and disassemble the trigger assembly in hopes i can get the thing to release just to see if I can figure anything out.

Anyone ever have a similar experience?

I have searched the WWW endlessly for anyone experiencing a similar issue and have turned up little in the way of a fix.

I have the 50 cal pro hunter. I disassembled the firearm for cleaning and punched out the hinge pin to get to the trigger internals. Reassembled and trigger operates just fine. Went to mate the barrel back up to the trigger assembly and punched the hinge pin back in, and I can't get the action to break open! The trigger guard depresses, but won't open the action. Took the hinge pin back out, still stuck. Took the gun to a gunsmith, he couldn't figure it out.

I'm about to pick it up and take the hinge pin back out and disassemble the trigger assembly in hopes i can get the thing to release just to see if I can figure anything out.

Anyone ever have a similar experience?

I can not help you - but I would suggest you send a PM to Encore he knows a bunch about the TC offerings

I have the same gun and mine stuck once. The breech/primer was a hair loose and kept it from breaking loose. I put some serious manly strength to it(trigger guard) and it did open up.

OP
A

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Mflood - strangely enough that worked! Still got stuck when I closed it again but good enough to get working on looking deeper into the issue. Thank you!

Make sure your breech plug is not over loaded with grease, it needs some but tighten it up and observe the squeeze out, then wipe that away, then unscrew the breech, retighten again. Use the supplied wrench to tighten that plug. Keep in mind, excess anti seize grease will keep that plug from tightening to the correct depth, cause opening issues.

Macegl

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if the FX is the same as a regular encore, but if it is, you could check the bolt that attaches the frame to the buttstock. It angles down from the frame through the grip, if it’s not tight enough it can cause the issue described in the op.

If it feels like it’s bottoming out before the frame is pulled down tight, you may have to add a spacer washer.

Hope that made some sense.