50 cal CVA Wolf Loads?

cnelk

WKR
Anyone have some loads for the 50 cal. CVA Wolf they would like to share?

I have two of them

Thanks!

Wrench

WKR
495 gr no excuse w/felt wad, 85 grs 777ffg, musket cap. Shoots about 1.5 moa @ 125yds with the factory crappy sights.

Wrench

WKR
One of my buds just stuffed 150grs under a 348gr powerbelt and it blew the front sight off....but stayed together.

Do proceed with caution on Internet advice. That's where his load came from. He found about half the powder and it came together.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Ive been using 90gr of Pyrodex P pushing a 370gr Maxi Ball, groups seem to be just OK and was curious what others use.

Thedeerfarmer

Lil-Rokslider
Cnelk,
Where in northern CO are you? I muzzleloader hunt and have played with oodles of loads in a CVA Optima. I'd be happy to lend a hand if I can! I mainly shoot whitetails with mine though. I have killed a number of deer with 120 grains of Hodgdon Pyrodex and a 240 grain Hornady XTP bullet. Probably upwards of 8 deer. I have had a number of them drop where they stood with that load, and killed a couple deer to 150 yards with that load. Recently I switched over to 110 grains of the same powder, as not all of the 120 grain load seemed to ignite with CCI 209 primers. I also changed bullets to a 250 grain Hornady SST, those fly awesome and do a number to deer as well. The blood trails on the SST seem to be slightly better as well. What animal are you hunting?
-DF

robtattoo

WKR
85gn of BH209 in mine. I shoot Magtech 240gn soft points in Hornady green sabots. Holds right around 1½" at 100yds & hits HARD.

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
I use 100gr of 777 pellets under a 240gr Hornady XTP for whitetails. Very accurate out of my woof, and I've had excellent terminal performance. This is all on whitetails, so I can't speak to performance on bigger critters. The woof is a great shooting rifle for what I paid for it I'm impressed! Good luck!

Just saw your post above. Looks like you found a winner! Good deal.

Last edited: