My new Knight Ultra Lite doing what makes me smile

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Its no secret that I started out with a CVA Acurra V2 Nitride NW edition 50 cal back in April this year. But then switched to Knight Ultra Lite NW .50cal .. .It was/is a good decision on my part ,,I do like my Knight Ultra Lite , Today I was able to go do some shooting with it and am very happy with the results ,,Thank you Sabotloader for all your help. The bolt did loosen up a bit after 9 shots ad easier to open ,I was shooting Thor 247gr bullets , 110 grains of triple 7 fff powder, ,,,Knight U T.jpgIMG_20150722_173147784_HDR.jpgIMG_20150722_175831837.jpgIMG_20150722_175851519.jpg

bbrown

WKR
Nice set up - I could be wrong but in his 2nd picture it looks like he swapped the rear fiber optic for a Williams WGRS peep sight. I am running the same one on my CVA Optima and really like it.

olehunter

Dang! Winch Man for a brand new gun out of the box and the first time shooting it you stacked them right in there. I really hope it was fun! Now you need to get you some less expensive bullets and maybe even some sabots so ya can do a lot more shooting! That one picture of you holding the rifle it just looks natural for you. Did you show yer brother the results. And the results will just get better the more you shoot and handle it.

How about the peep - did that work out for you? One thing I forgot to mention - in low light situations you can simply unscrew the peep aperture out of the sight and use the whole thing as a 'ghost ring setup'

Gordy sent a package I need to get out your direction also.

If they will let you, the range people, get a box of clay pigeons (the biodegradable ones) set them out there in front of you at different ranges and pick them off - ton of fun.

This bullet from Lehigh could be a real good alternative in combination with a bit of Knurling and a sub-base

Controlled-Fracturing-500-240gr-Bullet-Rev-0_2048x2048.jpg

Last edited:
OP
ole hunter

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I did install the Williams WGRS peep site,, Don't know if its the correct one no reference lines on it,, PKG say's Legends on it found it at Gander MNT FOR 20.00 new and still using the Knight front site ,,I kinda like the green dot ,
Yep Mike I did and he was impressed but say's now go to 200 what ever that means, LOL,I cant see that far, His new Vortec ,,the stock cracked down buy trigger ,,all is good Traditions has new one in mail for it ,
I have some Hornady SST 300gr / FTX 325gr and some Dead center 300gr to play with . I am not looking back anymore This ML is a shooter I just need to practice more , I still have a tiny problem tighten up my arm/shoulder before slowly squeezing the trigger ,,

The shooting bench's are concrete with carpet on top with a covered top about 20 benches on that,, 200 yard range ,, There's also a 1000 yard range and pistol range ,,Great place to shoot, about 30.00 something a year .
Went scouting the other night and seen 100 head of elk in one group plus 30 or so calves that didn't cross the fence ,,I know where aim going be 8-1-2015 if all goes well ,,Robert,, Winchman been called worse,,

stevenm2

Lil-Rokslider
Good Luck Ole Hunter I may see you over on the east side I have a ML AG hunt Cow tag. Starts 8/1 as well. I am glad to hear the Knight is working so well. I shoot the Mk-85s and have similar results.
I started casting my own conicals this year to comply with Oregon's weird laws. The longest I could get legally was a 490 gr.bullet they shoot very well from my gun.
Good Hunting

OP
ole hunter

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Getting camp setup ,,could be a short stay thou, Have scouted out couple nice small groups of dry cows ,,ML ELK CAMP 15.jpgML ELK CAMP.jpg

OP
ole hunter

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the good lucks ,, One elk in the walk-in 2 tags left ,,My CVA is a good gun ,bore .501 , My brother-in laws CVA .499 ,,, We both have bought other rifles after CVA Letter to my brother-in law about using a bullet that is not legal for NW muzzle loader hunting ,,We feel the don't care and just sell guns ,Then when a Thro bullet wont fit it they say its not a recommended bullet for a CVA North west legal gun ,,got it in writing ,They recommend a bullet that would get us a serious ticket ,, I use my CVA for spare family use gun ,,,

My Knight Ultra Lite bore is a .501 , Am very happy with the gun , No problems and shoots great ,
I