Heathers Choice status?

whitingja

WKR
I have been looking to buy some food for a while, but every time I go to the website they are out of stock, and only offer 2 entrees now? Its been like this for some time. Anyone know what is going on? I even called and left a message and never got a response. Thanks.

I noticed the same thing and emailed them a month or so ago. Was told they were finishing up moving to a new facility and the products would be available before my hunt (leaving on the 7th). Been watching since then like you with the same results. Went ahead and ordered some MH just to be sure I'm covered if the HC aren't ready.

Bl704

WKR
I believe they went from copackers to bringing the production in house.

One shot gear is carrying some of her products now, if she doesn't have inventory.

OP
W

whitingja

WKR
OK. I am just puzzled at their huge lack of selection, and it has been like this for a while. I have ordered from OffGrid. Still waiting to receive the meal packs that are new. Hopefully they taste good. Next mile meals look promising.

I have a couple options at Built2Hunt but they went through a big issue with permits and stuff to get their new kitchen going. They have started producing stuff a week and a half ago but you won't see the full line for a couple more weeks.

I have a couple options at Built2Hunt but they went through a big issue with permits and stuff to get their new kitchen going. They have started producing stuff a week and a half ago but you won't see the full line for a couple more weeks.
Got mine

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Heathers Choice,

Not sure how many of you have tried it. My wife n I took it on a fly in caribou hunt. We had never tried anything other than the packaroons. To say we didn't like the taste would be the understatement of the century. It was so bad, we decided to not eat for the last 2 days of the trip because that's all we had left.
I loved the idea of it being local but I just can't stomach the thought of eating it. We jokingly now pack it when the other isn't looking (non hunting trips). Hopefully she changed something in the recipes by now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

kaycohen8

FNG
Hello @907campbell!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. My name is Kayleen and I'm the marketing coordinator for Heather's Choice. I'm very sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience with your Heather's Choice products. If you would kindly send us an email at [email protected] we would gladly discuss a refund or exchange. We have made A LOT of changes to our production process over the past year and are now churning out a higher quality product than ever before! I would love your thoughts on some of our NEW recipes! We can even arrange a local pickup option for you!

For the other participants, I would like to address your comments and concerns about our current inventory levels and meal options! We are actively working towards releasing more meal options as soon as possible. We've spent the majority of 2018 working through permitting in our new processing facility, which has limited the meals we could produce. Now that we're through all of that, keep your eyes peeled for new meals asap! We greatly appreciate your patience during this time!

Keep up with Heather's Choice on Instagram @heatherschoice for the latest!

Thank you kindly,
Kayleen

I suspect the freeze-dried or dehydrated meals industry is very tough to enter and establish a presence big enough to compete seriously. Congrats to Heather's Choice for persevering where others have declined and disappeared.

No brand of meals is 100% liked by all who try them. I've got my favorites and plenty I avoid. It's all about taste for me. I don't care how nutritious it is...it's not going on my hunts if it doesn't taste delicious to me. I've yet to find a Heather's Choice meal I really like, and I think it's just a matter of recipe and ingredients. I know guys who love what HC makes. I wish I did because I'd love to support them by buying their products. I'll remain a verbal supporter even if not a consumer. I hope to like some of their entrees in the future. Good people working hard to succeed.