Back Packing snack bars

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cliff Mojo bars are good, I use them a lot; agree the "regular" bars aren't overly appetizing, my wife won't even eat one anymore :)

I like the Probar meals...if you squeeze a pack of Justin almond butter on one the two combined come out to about 600 calories.

The Honey Stinger Waffles are light weight and have good taste and their nut bars are worth a look. A few different options are on a platform called Built2Hunt that goes over tons of stuff like that. Homemade trail mix is always my favorite though

Sage

FNG
Perfect bars or bobo bars. I have been making my own bars to with oats, peanut butter, honey, coconut/ coconut milk, protein powder. I got the recipe from the Hunt Harvest Health site. Packaroons from heathers choice are great. Second the but hole sandwich or swap the bagel for a tortilla.

Thank you. I try to stay low carb through the year. Would there be any negatives to suddenly introducing a bag full of bagels to my diet for a week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really eat bread most of the time, though I'm not on a dedicated low-carb diet But the sudden introduction of daily bagel sandwiches has never given me any digestive trouble. Mountain House may have that effect but the bagels for not. In fact, they seem to keep me feeling satisfied the longest.

I tried a box of the Costco brand protein bars in cookie dough/brownie and they're pretty solid.

BradNSW

FNG
Cliff bar for breakfast...some granola/nuts around lunch and a Mt House for dinner.

Usually loose 10 lbs over two back to back 7 day backpack hunts with a night at the camper at the halfway mark.

Never feel better, stronger or more refreshed than when I come down off the mountain.

Graves14

WKR
Bobo’s are awesome and around 380 calories plus they’re delicious and aren’t completely loaded with sugar

SoDaky

WKR
Coming off a long low carb,16 hour off intermittent fasting program,I decided to try what for me was a 'new age' Tortilla,nuttela,pre cooked bacon combo.Wow,nope a near sleepless night of crapping sent me back to the old basic of bagel,P butter and home cooked bacon.After 3 repeats the old combo worked the other didn't.14 days of home made gorp and the bagel combo coming up.

Usi05

WKR
I may or may not make most of these bars each week at work. I’ve tried almost all of the big name protein bars and my absolute favorire is the baked clif bars.

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
Pro Bars and Clif Bars for me. I live on them sometimes.

Trial153

WKR
Kind bars for me. Green belly bars are decent too.

Haven’t had a cliff bar I liked yet .

I like to throw a blueberry clif bar in my front pocket leaving camp and climbing the mountain. It warms up and is pretty awesome when you get to the top and take a breather.