Outdoor training spots south of Denver?

I'm moving to Castle Rock next week and wanted to see if anyone here could recommend a good place to do training hikes in the area. Mountains are 15 minutes west so I can start there but thought someone might have a good go-to trail for this. Thanks.

2hand

Lil-Rokslider
Isn’t Red Rocks in that area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparty

FNG
The Manitou Incline isn't far from you. It's basically 2000ft straight up over the course of a mile. It can be a pretty potent, quick workout.

I live in Castle Rock and there is a mini incline in a city park there called the MAC. There are probably 20 miles of trails too that you can access from there. Just don't tell too many people that Castle Rock is the place to be.

I would second the Miller Activity Complex (MAC) right off Plum Creek Pkwy and I25 on the west side. The incline is a good workout and there are a ton of trails at the MAC as well at Ridgeline Open Space.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
Huntingpreacher
I live in Castle Rock and there is a mini incline in a city park there called the MAC. There are probably 20 miles of trails too that you can access from there. Just don't tell too many people that Castle Rock is the place to be.

Thanks hiker hunter and the last frontier. I checked out the incline this past weekend and it looked really cool.