Mtn ops

I was curious to why there is alot of negitive toward there supplements I'm curious and want to know if they are worth the purchase. Looking for some insight here...... I'm looking at wilderness athlete aswell just want some comparison.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
The biggest knock is their supplements are no different than any other company's, they just market theirs towards hunters. I use the Hydrate & Recover and Energy&Focus from Wilderness Athlete, but that's pretty much it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Bigfootcali
The biggest knock is their supplements are no different than any other company's, they just market theirs towards hunters. I use the Hydrate & Recover and Energy&Focus from Wilderness Athlete, but that's pretty much it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah i was curious why there was alot of negitive toward them,i have used different types of supplements over the years and always wondered the hype of the outdoor focused ones. I been looking at wilderness athlete for the 28day challenge but wasn't sure of there quality and then mtn ops had the 90 day. I have used one protein that actually worked and it was syntha 6 from bsn and t bomb which worked well other than those two nothing else worked. Dietary supplements like fat burners are hit and miss for me. Thanks fir the info.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Young guys making probably making some decent money, running around hunting and seeming to enjoy their gig . Gives the haters something to be angry about. Even if their products are just the same as others, you cannot chalk up the hate to anything other than envy. Plenty of hunting companies push stuff on hunters that is of questionable value and don't seem to draw the hate, so I don't believe the hate is an altruistic press for the truth. Same type of thing happens with Brian Call at Gritty, Aron at Kifaru etc. Some folks are just angry at their own situations and choices and need to vent.

OP
Bigfootcali
Young guys making probably making some decent money, running around hunting and seeming to enjoy their gig . Gives the haters something to be angry about. Even if their products are just the same as others, you cannot chalk up the hate to anything other than envy. Plenty of hunting companies push stuff on hunters that is of questionable value and don't seem to draw the hate, so I don't believe the hate is an altruistic press for the truth. Same type of thing happens with Brian Call at Gritty, Aron at Kifaru etc. Some folks are just angry at their own situations and choices and need to vent.
I'm not referring to the negativity as a person or a whole but just on the supplements level, i could care less about what they do personally that has no bearing on me or my decision to purchase things. I wanna know if the supplements do what they say and actually work or not. There will always be haters,envy and jealousy and alot of that is a direct effect of social media and the drive to be famous in the realm of social media.

From the products I've tried mtn ops there flavors are great and mix really well.
As far a performance goes the let's take the yeti.
I can easily find a preworkout just as good or better usually for around half price.
I think they seem like great guys, and they donate 5% to conservation. So that's great.
I deaf do not hate on them.
I'll just only buy there products if on sale.
I think the ammo protein is bomb.
But I travel for work and cant get it refrigerated.

weaver

WKR
Ammo mixed with ignite is my breakfast. Mixes well and tastes good to me.
Still think it's overpriced but haven't found anything that compares.
Stocked up with 6 months worth during their buy 1 get 1 promotion.
I'm sure I'll be sick of their holiday flavors by the time I burn through that.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

LaHunter

WKR
Pretty much all supplements are scams and supplement companies claims are cons.
Research - Independent Analysis on Supplements & Nutrition | Examine.com
Knowledge is power if you apply it

Are you including protein supplements in this statement? What about omega 3 supplements or even electrolyte supplements?
I know there is very little or zero clinical studies done on most 'supplements', but saying that pretty much all are scams may not be totally accurate.

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
A lot of it comes down to what works for you. I started using some supplements in high school (over 20 years ago) while weight lifting. Through playing baseball in college, joining the Marine Corps, and continuing to work out now, I've tried a lot of different stuff from a lot of different companies. Some of it worked, some of it didn't do anything for me, but may have worked great for a friend.

If you're interested in trying Mtn Ops, get some on sale and give it a shot. My own thought is that if you can get something that works well for you for a dollar or less per serving, you're doing alright. Most of the Mtn Ops stuff fits that price range, and you'll never know if it will work for you personally if you don't give some a try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
There is a strong placebo and caffine effect that come from supplements. If you are willing to pay for it and it helps gets you in shape go for it. Back in my fatty days I jumped on the supplement band wagon and maybe 6 months later I was off them entirely. I did my research and found out they don't help and are usually full of artificial flavors and dyes. Hard to beat coffee for a pre work out and good whole foods for fuel. Supplemental protein powder is great, I just prefer meat. Fills me up far more and has complete sets of amino's and bcaa's. I do use flavored protein in my oatmeal to make it edible. Mtn Ops does a great job helping people with their programs but they are some $$$ supplements. I buy my multi vitamins from costco. They are inexpensive and USP certified. Most of your multi vitamins from flashy marketing companies are not, what is USP?

Quality Supplements |
What Does USP on the Vitamin Bottle Indicate? | Healthy Eating | SF Gate

Last edited:
I've been using mt ops ammo and yeti as a breakfast shake for about 2 years almost every morning. I also use their ignite and enduro when hunting and hiking around. It tastes good and I like it better than other protein shakes I've tried.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah i was curious why there was alot of negitive toward them,i have used different types of supplements over the years and always wondered the hype of the outdoor focused ones. I been looking at wilderness athlete for the 28day challenge but wasn't sure of there quality and then mtn ops had the 90 day. I have used one protein that actually worked and it was syntha 6 from bsn and t bomb which worked well other than those two nothing else worked. Dietary supplements like fat burners are hit and miss for me. Thanks fir the info.

define "worked". I mean supplements aren't some magical thing and I think people expect crazy results from them. If you aren't getting enough protein from food and you are falling 23g short of what you need, then yeah a scoop of protein powder is going to "work" because it is going to allow you to hit your macro goal without eating more. One powder might be cleaner than another but a gram of protein is a gram of protein, you could get the same nutritional value from food

OP
Bigfootcali
define "worked". I mean supplements aren't some magical thing and I think people expect crazy results from them. If you aren't getting enough protein from food and you are falling 23g short of what you need, then yeah a scoop of protein powder is going to "work" because it is going to allow you to hit your macro goal without eating more. One powder might be cleaner than another but a gram of protein is a gram of protein, you could get the same nutritional value from food
I never said supplements are a magical thing,you are taking a simple question and turning into a personal vendetta against something you obviously do not believe in or have had little experience with. I was saying the protein i had taking that actually gave results was the one stated and i have plenty of experience with supplements and knowing what works and has not for me. I've used supplements that did what they Were suppose to and physically seen results using said product's. There are individuals out there that benefit from supplementation and others that do not, i was asking for input on a product i have no experience with or have tried that is all.

Gr8bawana

WKR
If guys think supplements work then they are working as intended by the the supplement makers because these guys keep buying them simply because the believe they work.
Some people believe fortune tellers are real because they want to believe they are real.

Poser

WKR
I can’t cant get past the pseudo military name and branding superimposed upon hunting culture: “let’s pretend we’re operators....” it was bad enough when cops started referring to themselves as “operators”, now, apparently, a flat bill hat, a bow and a pair of compression socks qualifies you for that designation.

This is strictly my opinion!!!!! I have tried a lot of supplements over the years. Mtn ops is not worth the money. Not trying to offend anyone but they're not. If you were going to support a hunting brand then warrior fuel is by far the best. I have tried them all as far as marketing to the hunting industry and they are the best. I will not take anything away from WA though as they have some amazing products as well. I'm not rich so I want something that is worth it when my money is spent. I use to be a imsoalpha fan of some of their products. They have since been sold when I had them last and found some on sale as of late, but I will be going right back to warrior fuel. Hope this helps..

cocky84

WKR
I certainly don’t hate on them but buy simply using optimum nutrition i can save enough money in one year to pay for an elk tag.

Are you including protein supplements in this statement? What about omega 3 supplements or even electrolyte supplements?
I know there is very little or zero clinical studies done on most 'supplements', but saying that pretty much all are scams may not be totally accurate.
It's quite accurate actually.
Many popular protein supplements are full of fillers, heavy metals and have very poor amounts of protein.
If you have a good diet than Omega 3 supplements could just be a waste of money even IF the quality is high.
If you're diet is crap and you're activity is so over the top extreme than maybe an electrolyte formula might not be just really expensive urine?