Fat Guy's

Any one been a fat kid and and got fit? I just gave up copenhagen and now beer witch i love. looking for motivation.

Good for you man!

I’ve been cutting back the beer myself. I love it, but got to keep in elk hunting shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
B
Thank's Brent last year you motivated me. It's just easier when you have someone that relies on you to work out. It's easy for me to not do it.

TJack303

FNG
You've already taken the first step and that's huge. Diet is the single easiest way to lose weight, you cant outwork a bad diet is the saying. Exercise is obviously good for many reasons, but fixing the diet first and foremost will give you the biggest bang for your buck when looking to lose weight.

WKR
Haha I was fat in high school and when a girl had interest in me, I lost all the weight. After the service I gained it all back plus some, now I know I need to give up the beer and get motivated. Cope though? That's an appetite suppressant. Plus no teeth means no toothbrush in the back country

You've already taken the first step and that's huge. Diet is the single easiest way to lose weight, you cant outwork a bad diet is the saying. Exercise is obviously good for many reasons, but fixing the diet first and foremost will give you the biggest bang for your buck when looking to lose weight.
Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth right here

I’m 5’8”, 33 years old, and for the past 10 years I’ve weighed between 220-240lbs. I always hunted hard but I definitely suffered, haha. Spring of 2018 I said enough is enough and I set a goal weight of 180lbs by September 1st. I logged every single calorie I ate, every single day. I cleaned up my diet and hit my goal of 180lbs by mid August. Since then I upped my caloric intake to where I could maintain that weight and enjoy a bit more food, but without gaining weight. Then last month still weighing 180, and decided I wanted to drop another 15-20 lbs of fat, and gain 10-15 in muscle to hopefully finally settle into a trim, fit, athletic body weight of around 170-175. Since then I’ve started hitting the gym 5-6 days a week, and closely monitoring my calories again. I’m definitely seeing noticbke gains in muscle and today I clocked in at 169.2lbs...I’ve been very determined and stubborn about staying on track and meeting my goals and so far I’m succeeding.

Calories in vs calories out is the bottom line when it comes to loosing weight. Clean up your diet, exercise and the weight will take care of itself....if I can do it, you can.

Oh and yes cutting out alcohol was one of the harder things to do.

bascott1

WKR
Been there man. Was a college baseball player so was always in shape. Got out and drank beer every single night and gained 60 pounds in a couple years. Got into elk hunting and decided I was gonna get in shape, was 6'6" 330lbs and quit the alcohol and cleaned the diet up and got back in the gym. Not long and I was down to 240lbs, then bulked to 255 for the hunt. If I can do it you can do it. 80% of fitness is diet, just gotta stay at it and keep the drive and it'll come off. Just stay after it man.

stevie

Lil-Rokslider
Been heavy most of my life. Been trying to lose weight, lost 15 pounds so far. Had physical recently, blood pressure down, cholesterol down and doc is happy about that.

JakeC

FNG
I've been there and I'm doing it again. I was a fat kid after high school (beer and pizza every night) went from 175 to 230 in what felt like over night. Cleaned up my diet, lean meat and veggies only, and worked out 6 days a week. Got down to a very fit 180, joined the military and stayed that way for over ten years. I've been out 3 years and suddenly found myself up to 238.... cleaned my diet up a little so far and got a new job with quite a bit more physical labor and I'm down to 220 now. Started working out again 2 weeks ago, bodyweight exercises 3 days a week and hiking with 50 pounds in a pack 3 days a week. I'm feeling better every day. Stick with it man. Itll be well worth the struggles in the long run.

HookUp

WKR
I'm not sure what stage of change you are in, but I would encourage you to take an objective look at yourself and your hobbies and activities. If your activities dont take you closer to your goals your lying to yourself about what you want.The road to health is often lonely and isolated without the right friends. Take a look around at your friends and co-workers, they have more chins than a Chinese phone book. They accept the fat version of you relax watch the game, have a drink and EAT and EAT. Here is a decisional balance worksheet, take a look at the pro's and con's of the things that are setting you back and the things you don't do enough of. This might help you decide your future decisions.

ncstewart

WKR
Any one been a fat kid and and got fit? I just gave up copenhagen and now beer witch i love. looking for motivation.

Hey man just gonna chime in on the beer and dip. I dipped for 15 years and love it but I started putting that money back for funding my out of state hunts. I’m not a rich kid unfortunately. It made it a lot easier for me to be able to see how much I was saving and how easy it is to save for tags if a guy is motivated. Good luck man just keep at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I grew to 335lbs over the last few years. I've been around 200 for the last year.

I quit sugar, carbs and processed food. That's it. I have since been working out and results are great.

Don't wait. At 280 I was logging a lot of miles. At 250 I hiked from 1800 to 6500 and hued it for a week.....now at 200, I can run up there instead of limp.

baz77

WKR
I weighed 343# on March 6th this year I cut out all processed foods, sugars carbs etc that day and weigh in a 245 right now and feel amazing. My new goal is to be 200 or less by this spring. I wish I had done this years ago..good luck

KurtR

WKR
i quit chewing copenhagen it was the hardest thing ever. If there was a study that came out and said it wasnt bad i would have a log right now. if the world was ending i would die with a big ass dip in

bradb

WKR
booked a sheep hunt at the end of Sept for next Aug/sept. Weight 225 at 5'7" under 200 now and have at least 40 to go for what I want. Just clean eating and exercise

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
i quit chewing copenhagen it was the hardest thing ever. If there was a study that came out and said it wasnt bad i would have a log right now. if the world was ending i would die with a big ass dip in

I quit cold turkey when they told me that I had the beginning stages of mouth cancer. I couldn't handle the idea that I'd run around with most of my face cut out for a year before they could start doing plastic surgery on me to reconstruct my face. I quit that very day and have never touched any tobacco since...that was over 18 years ago. If the idea that half your jaw, teeth, and tongue are exposed for almost a year before they can even start cutting skin and tissue from one part of your body (my ass in my case) and sewing it little by little to your face then nothing else will ever stop you from dipping.

I always weighed around 175 to 190 while I was in the military, after I retired I shot up to almost 300 lbs. When my kids laughed and said that I looked like Santa Clause I decided to loose the weight. I stay around 210 right now and don't mind it (I'm 61 years old so I don't have look pretty any more) but I got there quite easily by watching my diet and just doing home exercises. I could stand to loose another 30 lbs just to make hiking the mountains a little easier but I know that I can do it if I choose to.

Let's see.

140lbs in 4th grade.
160lbs in 6th grade.
280 graduating high school.

Weight stayed mostly up with an occasional drop into the 240 range.

Smoked for a while, then chewed for a while. Drank stupid amounts of Diet Pepsi for a long while. Not sure what the diet soda will ultimately lead to.

2 years ago something clicked. My wife served smaller portions, I eliminated sugar from coffee, reduced carbs, no diet soda, etc. Lost 10 or 15 lbs from 310.

Saw my doctor for checkup. Bloodwork showed borderline high cholesterol with my ratios off. 1 other test came back slightly elevated. Thay was it. My diet totally changed. Reduced carbs (due to wasted calories) started tracking my eating, but a bowflex max trainer and started consistently exercising. Set my calorie goal at what I would need to maintain my goal weight. Started eating a ton of raw vegetables throughout the day.

Lost 40 more pounds before I ended up almost dead due to a perforated bowl which was not due to my new found healthiness. Losing that 50lbs actually saved my life. Most don't come back from where I was and 50 extra pounds on my body would have prevented me from surviving. If I was still smoking I would have died as well.

So there I was, laying in a hospital bed barely able to move, on a breathing tube and trying to recover from an infection that ravaged my body, destroyed my muscles and taxed my cardio and pulmonary systems.

Anyway, stayed true to my calorie goals after coming home. Started walking and then running. Kept up on the bowflex. I also added 3 days of weights to repair muscles. So, I was doing 6 days of cardio each week and 3 days at the gym. I lost the remaining 40 lbs and got to my goal weight at the beginning of 2018. I'm still at my goal weight and am aware of what goes in my mouth which helps me make better decisions. I don't track calories anymore, but I know when I've been good and bad. I only drink black coffee, water and an occasional iced tea.

At the end of the day, I had to decide to change and that meant a real change.

I'll leave you with this. You can't outrun a bad diet. Get your diet in order and add in exercise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk