Low Carb diet and Nutritional Supplements

dano626

FNG
Ive been on a low carb diet for a few weeks now. Im looking into either MTN OPS or Wilderness Athlete supplements to help with workouts. Looking for suggestions on what the low carb diet guys around here use for supplements, if you use any at all. The main item Im looking into is the MTN OPS Enduro. I see very little carbs or sugars in the Enduro but havent researched any of the Wilderness Athlete products at all. Thanks!

xcutter

WKR
I've been on a low carb diet for over a year. Down 40 pounds and still going. I've been taking Naturemade Mult-Vitamin and one Fish oil. Bottle says take two fish oil pills but I only take one per day.

After I compared ingredients doesn't seem necessary to go with other brands based on the price.

sveltri

WKR
Ive been on a low carb diet for a few weeks now. Im looking into either MTN OPS or Wilderness Athlete supplements to help with workouts. Looking for suggestions on what the low carb diet guys around here use for supplements, if you use any at all. The main item Im looking into is the MTN OPS Enduro. I see very little carbs or sugars in the Enduro but havent researched any of the Wilderness Athlete products at all. Thanks!

What is your goal?

OP
D

dano626

FNG
Mostly a pre-workout supplement that can help with endurance, which is why I was looking at the Enduro. I would also like to use it during days in the field to keep me going and not get bogged down.

I tried Enduro a couple of weeks ago. I really liked it. Gave me energy and I felt like I performed better. Only thing...I gained water weight. About 4 lbs. Stopped and within a day and a half I lost the weight. And yes, I drink a lot of water daily. About 3 litres (Canadian eh..lol). I decided to save the supplement for when I am actually spending long days hunting/hiking.

ColeKira

FNG
I drink a 20oz. serving of Naked Whey. It's very low carb and soy free. I mix it with frozen berries, add some creatine and whole milk. I drink 3 a week post workout only. I do 3 hours of BJJ 3x a week and have been eating a keto diet for several months now. I feel stronger than i have in years and I'm 43.

ckrhtr

FNG
I've been on a low carb diet for over a year. Down 40 pounds and still going. I've been taking Naturemade Mult-Vitamin and one Fish oil. Bottle says take two fish oil pills but I only take one per day.

After I compared ingredients doesn't seem necessary to go with other brands based on the price.

This is exactly what I do except I take 2 fish oil tabs. A little backstory, I lost 75lbs in 7mos when I cut back carbs and started working out daily. Don't get me wrong I think a certain amount of carbs are necessary but when I stuck to veggies and fruit for them and upped the protein the weight just flew off.