Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like

Last weekís Week 8 Day 5 combined the shoulder work and cardio.

This morning I did Week 9 Day 1:

Same as week 8 with ďthe 11sĒ deadlifts and pull ups followed by weighted step ups, DB squat cleans, bent over rows, and burpees.

Felt really good this morning.
    -Bitterroot Bulls

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see cleans being integrated into this. Im still in week 5 now. Prior programming i was doing utilized lots of cleans. Took me a long time to get my form worked out. Now it has been two months since i have been doing any cleans at all. Great exercise and im glad to see it.
    Kenny Hollingsworth-BOWTECH Brand Ambassador
    ELK HUNTING IS HARD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Week 9 Day 2:

Back to the Ibex.

Quick-and-dirty quad burner.

Building on yesterdayís workout it is pretty challenging. Gonna be pretty sore going into squats tomorrow!

That said, my recovery improvement is pretty dramatic over the first half of the program.
    -Bitterroot Bulls

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got the burpee torture today. 45 mins AMRAP - 15 cals, 15 Thrusters-AS, 4 pull-ups 10 burpees. This was tough the last couple of times. I expect nothing less today!

Actually wishing my elk hunt date would arrive. I could use something easy. lol
    Kenny Hollingsworth-BOWTECH Brand Ambassador
    ELK HUNTING IS HARD!

Post Thanks / Like

Rokstaff Takes on MTNTOUGH Backcountry Fitness Program

So Iíve gotten pretty off track with going to AK for sheep season and havenít posted in this thread for a while. Iíve been trying to get back on track with my workouts while also trying to get out during archery season as much as possible.

I finished weeks 3 & 4, and did w5d1 today. I was able to increase weight today from last week and felt good. Last week when I did the workout that khnc mentioned in his previous post from week 4, that was one of the hardest workouts Iíve done in a long time. It just flat out wore me out. You do as many circuits as possible within 45 minutes. I got 9 done. Iíd like to think I couldíve gotten a 10th in if other people in the gym that morning didnít keep taking my machines so that I had to run to different floors to find what I needed, but I honestly am not sure.

Iíve noticed that almost all the mtntough workouts are unique and difficult in their own way; there are no easy days, just different days. Each day is difficult in its own way for whatever muscle groups youíre working. I think it really stretches you not only physically, but mentally too. That workout I mentioned from w4 reminded me a lot of packing out sheep till 5 am in the sense that I had to just keep grinding and not let myself give up. That workout helped me probably just as much or maybe more mentally than physically. If youíre on the fence about mtntough, I would recommend trying it out. Itíll whip you into good physical AND mental shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

Super Moderator Travis Bertrand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been off track as well. Hunting season now Iím on a fire assignment. Will pick it up between hunts when I get back home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by back country View Post
    So Iíve gotten pretty off track with going to AK for sheep season and havenít posted in this thread for a while. Iíve been trying to get back on track with my workouts while also trying to get out during archery season as much as possible.

I finished weeks 3 & 4, and did w5d1 today. I was able to increase weight today from last week and felt good. Last week when I did the workout that khnc mentioned in his previous post from week 4, that was one of the hardest workouts Iíve done in a long time. It just flat out wore me out. You do as many circuits as possible within 45 minutes. I got 9 done. Iíd like to think I couldíve gotten a 10th in if other people in the gym that morning didnít keep taking my machines so that I had to run to different floors to find what I needed, but I honestly am not sure.

Iíve noticed that almost all the mtntough workouts are unique and difficult in their own way; there are no easy days, just different days. Each day is difficult in its own way for whatever muscle groups youíre working. I think it really stretches you not only physically, but mentally too. That workout I mentioned from w4 reminded me a lot of packing out sheep till 5 am in the sense that I had to just keep grinding and not let myself give up. That workout helped me probably just as much or maybe more mentally than physically. If youíre on the fence about mtntough, I would recommend trying it out. Itíll whip you into good physical AND mental shape.

Good feedback and great you could jump right back in after your hunt

Post Thanks / Like
    I dislocated my shoulder today so I think i wonít be doing this program for a month or so... Letís hope not another surgery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bertrand View Post
    I dislocated my shoulder today so I think i wonít be doing this program for a month or so... Letís hope not another surgery.
    Take care , hope no surgery. Wishing the best for you

11. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Travis,

That sucks. Get well soon.
    -Bitterroot Bulls

14. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has the Rokslide staff been testing the post season program? How is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco4dux View Post
    I haven't been. My season is still rolling. Probably start hitting the gym again in January or February.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
    "You can't have a good day with a bad attitude, and you can't have a bad day with a good attitude".

[email protected]
    Justin CrossleyFacebook
    Instagram; @crossley0102

Post Thanks / Like
    I havenít, but after my experience with the backcountry hunter program, I might have to give the post season progeam a shot.
    -Bitterroot Bulls

Post Thanks / Like
    hey man, thanks for asking. Looks like a few of the staff will be doing this post season program. We'll start a new thread in this forum and put up a link to it in this forum once we get rolling. Watch for it.