Maven B.2 Binocular Review, By Josh Boyd

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Maven B2 Binocular Review - Rokslide
photo-1.jpg

Josh Boyd has used Leica optics for a long time. When he was approached about reviewing the Maven B.2, he was a little skeptical that they would perform at a level he would be happy with for his hunts. But, Josh decided to give them a try and see how they matched up with his "go-to" binoculars. The results may surprise you.

Maven B.2 Binocular Review

WKR
The 9x B2's don't have the same issue with needing frequent focus adjustment. I think it has to do with the magnification of the 11's. I have owned both.

sndmn11

WKR
The 9x B2's don't have the same issue with needing frequent focus adjustment. I think it has to do with the magnification of the 11's. I have owned both.

We have both 9x and 11x and the depth of field difference is glaring. However, I like the 11x a little better, and we have a 10x B1 on the way because my wife wanted something a little smaller.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the review, any plans of doing their spotting scope also??

Unless they came out with a new one, we reviewed that spotter in 2016 AND gave one away. Search our optics page on Rokslide.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have both 9x and 11x and the depth of field difference is glaring. However, I like the 11x a little better, and we have a 10x B1 on the way because my wife wanted something a little smaller.

I didn't think the shallow depth of field was anything other than a minor annoyance. After several months of use I've adapted to it and don't really notice it any more. If someone reading this thread is on the fence about buying the B.2's don't let this dissuade you from giving them a shot. The clarity of the glass and ergonomics will make you quickly forget about it.

-Josh

Flogger

FNG
I had a chance to run the B.2’s for a week while bear hunting this past December. I wasn’t blown away because I had super high hopes bc of all the great reviews I’ve read and heard. The Maven B.2’s lived up to every bit of hype. I’m about to order the 9x45 B.2’s and will be putting them to the test in New Zealand in a couple months.
I know the phrase “for the money, they are hard to beat” gets used so often when talking hunting gear but that phrase really does apply here. I can’t think of a bino in the Maven B.2 price range that can hold a candle to them. I like my Vortex Razor 10x42’s pretty well but the B.2’s out class them pretty good in my opinion.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I had a chance to run the B.2’s for a week while bear hunting this past December. I wasn’t blown away because I had super high hopes bc of all the great reviews I’ve read and heard. The Maven B.2’s lived up to every bit of hype. I’m about to order the 9x45 B.2’s and will be putting them to the test in New Zealand in a couple months.
I know the phrase “for the money, they are hard to beat” gets used so often when talking hunting gear but that phrase really does apply here. I can’t think of a bino in the Maven B.2 price range that can hold a candle to them. I like my Vortex Razor 10x42’s pretty well but the B.2’s out class them pretty good in my opinion.

Those 9x45s were my first taste of Maven. Some people wondered why I was comparing them to my Zeiss and Swaro’s but your post illustrated why. They give em a run for the money

Let us know how you like them for NZ hunt and if you get to compare them with other glass

Flogger

FNG
Those 9x45s were my first taste of Maven. Some people wondered why I was comparing them to my Zeiss and Swaro’s but your post illustrated why. They give em a run for the money

Let us know how you like them for NZ hunt and if you get to compare them with other glass

I certainly will report back when I get home from NZ. I suspect I will appreciate the Mavens even more after stretching their legs in NZ.

JGood

Lil-Rokslider
@Josh Boyd I borrowed a set of older model Leica Geovids in 10x42 this past hunting season and really liked them as they were a huge step up from the bushnell glass I had been using before. Unable to borrow the Leica’s again this year, I am looking to upgrade my own kit. Where do you see the B2’s falling short of specifically the Leica’s? When will I be hitting myself for not forking over the extra cash for EL’s, SLC’s or Geovids?