ATS 65mm eye piece preferences

Hello, I know the fundamental difference between the 20-60 and 25-50 WA. Im looking for opinions on which one I should go with and why. Hopefully some guys who have used both can chime in.

Thanks

LaHunter

WKR
I have the 20-60 because that is what came with my sts65mm. Never looked through a 25-50. If you search, you will find some threads on this topic. I don't recall ever reading a review or a post where the 20-60 was preferred over the 25-50.
In reality, 60X is a little outside of the 65mm scope's 'sweet spot' in my experience, unless you have perfect conditions.

OP
B
Thanks guys, I was leaning toward the 25-50 WA. I agree that 60x is pushing it for the 65mm. I like the idea of more light and wider FOV. Anyone have the opposite opinion? Why?

Anyone have the opposite opinion? Why?

I have both and like the wider view of the 25-50. But I get eyestrain while using it. I can run the 20-60 twice as long before it affects me. That said, the 30x fixed is my fave. Does all I need, and can't remember even putting the variable back on the scope but one time, since getting the 30 a few years ago.

OP
B
I have both and like the wider view of the 25-50. But I get eyestrain while using it. I can run the 20-60 twice as long before it affects me. That said, the 30x fixed is my fave. Does all I need, and can't remember even putting the variable back on the scope but one time, since getting the 30 a few years ago.

Thanks for the input guys. How long would you say you can look through the WA lense before you feel eye fatigue? You wouldn't be interested in selling the WA eye piece would you?

OP
B
Well, ended finding a pretty good deal on the WA lense on Ebay ($430). Hopefully I like it.

Cheers

PowellSixO

Lil-Rokslider
You'll like it better than the 60x. The field of view is better, and brighter. The 60x might get you closer, but at 60x it's kind of like looking through a key hole. I rented the 65 ats with the 20-60 eye piece, to try it on a hunt. I did not like it. I looked through a friends with the 25-50, and loved it. So I bought my own. Lol. Nice and lite, small profile, and great image. I can pick up bullet impacts on shoot and see targets at 1010 yards with mine.

OP
B
Good to hear, I should have everything in hand by Friday. Hoping the ATS is a good step up from my old razor.