Tripod adapter help with Leica HD-B’s

jayjay24

Lil-Rokslider
I just found the tripod I’ve been looking for for awhile now, a Sirui T-1204XL and now I need to find an adapter to run my Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42’s for an upcoming rifle elk hunt. I will only be glassing with these binos as my hunting partner will have the Swaro 65mm spotter. I’ve narrowed it down to the pistol grip from The Outdoorsmans, the Sirui VA-5 fluid head, and the Pan Head from The Outdoorsmans. If I got the pistol grip, which is what I think I wanna get, what else do I need to get to put this adapter on the Sirui tripod. Also, should I get the Leica ring adapter from The Outdoorsmans or the Leica Stabilite Adapter? Thank much!

The Stabilite adapter works great and can be used with virtually any bino, handheld rangefinder, or can even strap your rifle in. Leica will replace the strap free of charge if it is ever to dry rot or break.

The ring adapter from the outdoorsmans with void the warranty of your Geovids. This is due to the fact that there is no give if you were to knock your tripod over to absorb the shock, where as the Stabilte would allow a little movement lessening the chance of causing damage.

SASKMUDDER

Lil-Rokslider
I run the Outdoorsmans Bino Hand for my HD-B's. On and off quickly and steady as a rock.

OP
jayjay24

jayjay24

Lil-Rokslider
Got the Leica adapter. Now just need to decide what to run it with...

The Outdoorsmans Panhead is fantastic. Hard to go wrong there. I personally find the pistol grip more difficult to glass with.

I also run the Leica on the Sirui VA-5. On my promaster carbon tripod I can even latch my rifle into the leica adapter for a solid shooting rest.