most versatile outdoorsmans tripod set up?

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Long story guys but I am currently looking for the most versatile outdoorsmans tripod setup. I am new to western hunting with 2 archery elk hunts under my belt but am looking to expand horizons. That said, if you could pick the most versatile tripod and head combination to handle binos and spotter, what would it be? Please include any accessories that are "must haves" also. Thank you.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you. Are there many applications for the tall tripod?

I personally would go with the Tall over the compact or medium. I stand and glass a lot, then I also prefer to stand when using a spotter at the range. The downside to standing is youll get more shake...at least from my experience. But, you can always drop the tripod down and it will be more stable.

Cons are obvious with weight and size, but your talking ounces and a few inches.

You might also look at Slik tripods, you can get the 634, which is a tall/standing tripod and it weighs even less than the compact medium outdoorsman.

Mercyme

Banned
For years I have used a Cullman Magic 2 tripod and ballhead. Comes in just a smidge under 3 lbs. and folds flat, not round. Great for photography. I have been looking seriously at that Velbon Max-i 343E which comes in around 1 lb. 14 ozs.

Thank you. Are there many applications for the tall tripod?

There are, but the tall tripod is honestly quite heavy. A 48 ounce tripod without a head sounds like an anchor to me personally. Perhaps your style of hunting is different. Either way, if you're looking for a tripod that you can use standing I would recommend, as Brightwhite did, the Slik 634. I goes about 2" higher than the Outdoorsmans tall tripod and is a pound lighter. Throw the Outdoorsmans pan head with accessories that I recommended above and you'll have a very nice setup that isn't overly heavy.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks wanna, I decided to go with the set up you recommend only thing difference was I added a quick connect and a window mount. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk