New Swarovski CL companion strap connector

Jayds

FNG
I dont know if this has been discussed on here before but about the only thing I didn't like about my new swarovski cl companion binoculars was there was not a good way to get them connected to my binocular chest pack. So I thought I would share the "hack" I came up with. The swarovski el line shares the same strap connector system as the new cl companion. So I purchased the strap loop connectors they sell for the el line from BH photo. However the pin on the el is a little longer so the spacing is to wide to get the pin to lock in. So what you have to do is bore the pin hole out on the plastic strap connector with a 1/4 inch drill bit. You probably are not even taking out a 1/16th but it allows it to seat much nicer. Then with a piece of sand paper sand the back of the connector down probably less than 1/16th. I just laid out the paper and rubbed the connector on it and kept checking fit until I could get the pin to lock in. The whole process took less than 15 mins and cost me around $10 for the strap connectors from BH photo. If this interest you or have any questions you can message me.

mvmnts

WKR
This is an awesome tip. I recently ordered some CL Companions, but I am going to be sending them back. I just can't live with the 8x. I might try comparing the 10x30 to my 10x42s, but I'm not sure I want to give up the light transmission. I had no idea these existed and what I did for the weekend I tested them out was just punched a hole in some webbing, that seemed to work well enough. I was really surprised Swaro released this without a universal clip.

OP
J

Jayds

FNG
I had a hard time deciding between the 8x and 10x and ultimately choose the 8's for the extra field of view and they seemed a bit brighter to me. The 8x are easier to steady for off hand use and I usually carry 15x with a tripod for spotting so they just made more sense for me. What ever you choose they are all great optics. Good luck!

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I was instructed by Scheels to give them a call and they would ship a set of strap adapters out. They did and I received in a few days. I suspect we will see them included in the future as most people will want them. Just got back from 21 days in the field. Left my 8 EL's at home and went cold turkey with 10 CL's. Never wished for more, great binos. If I did not have the El's I would have bought 8's in the CL.

Lawnboi

WKR
I was instructed by Scheels to give them a call and they would ship a set of strap adapters out. They did and I received in a few days. I suspect we will see them included in the future as most people will want them. Just got back from 21 days in the field. Left my 8 EL's at home and went cold turkey with 10 CL's. Never wished for more, great binos. If I did not have the El's I would have bought 8's in the CL.

Are the new cl’s that good!? Iv got an older set, that iv been happy but not blown away by, really want some extra eye relief. Anyways I’d really like to try some els, my wife will need a pair of binos next year so I may use it as a chance to upgrade. But if the new cl is that good I may have to consider it

OP
J

Jayds

FNG
I can confirm if you call swarovski they will send you a set of pins and adapters for no cost.