Rangefinder comparison?

freebird

WKR
I have a Leupold RX 1200, farthest it has ranged is 1100 yards. Am looking for some thing better. I can't afford the binocular style, I have been looking at the Leica 2700 and the Sig 2400. What are the pro's and con's of each???
The longest I would like to be able to range something is 2000 yards, would love to range to 1200 all the time.

Thanks a bunch

OP
freebird

freebird

WKR
Rifle. I see there are two different sig 2200's. Not sure if one is better or worse. I don't think the new Leupold is much better then the one I have.

OP
freebird

freebird

WKR
I see gunwerks has a new 2500 and have been curious about the new nikon black range 4k.
The 3 sig kilo 2200 rangefinders are 2200 LRH and 2200 MR and 2200 BDX...but I believe this one is to be paired up with their rifle scope so they communicate via bluetooth.
I don't think the new Leupold 2800 will be a whole lot better then my leupold 1200.
I would really like to be able to range out to 1800 yards for shooting steel.

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
I won a Nikon black rangex 4k or whatever they're call at a match a few weeks ago.

I'm really happy with it. I bought a Sig 2200 MR earlier this year but I haven't been happy with the hue of the glass, looks really blue to me. Ranging it did fine.

I've been hunting with it so far this season and I very much prefer it to the sig. Consistent hits on trees to 1700-1900 in pretty harsh light conditions. I've hit a cliff face at 3100 and change but that has been the exception rather than the norm.

Overall I'm very happy with it especially for getting it free off a prize table.

Battleguy

Banned
Being that the new 2700-B Rangemaster now takes a micro SD card (custom ballistics) like the HD-B, you can get the true range based on the flight of your specific bullet, the angle of which you are shooting, the absolute pressure and the temperature (EHR).

Being that the 2700-B does all of this, it will allow guys that are using scopes with custom cut yardage turrets to have one turret cut to the base configuration (59degrees, sea level, and 29.921 pressure), and take that rifle and rangefinder anywhere in the world and get an accurate dial too range based on all of the atmospheric conditions (other than wind) and angle.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I was getting some pretty decent readings with my Sig Kilo 2000 this season. Max I got on trees was just over 2k, but out to 1500 was pretty consistent. The longest I've ever ranged with it was a building at 2600+.