Outdoorsman micro pan head?

Whisky

WKR
I run one with a 85 ATX. When I first got it I thought I had made a mistake and should have gotten the regular head. After a season+ with it now I feel it does a good job. My brother has the regular head with 80mm scope and he compared my micro to it on a recent hunt and says he likes the micro better. He (and I) like that the handle in the micro also serves as the tilt lever.

HighVoltageHunter

Lil-Rokslider
The regular pan head is designed for the heavier optics and will be more stable and smoother with your pan & tilt functions.

The micro will not smoothly tilt with that heavy of a spotter, it will pan just fine. The tilt will just have to be taken from locked to unlocked (done by twisting and un-twisting the handle) to move the spotter up and down, you wont be able to find a middle ground where its not locked and you can still move it but it won't flop over. Thats the downside. Not bad withy 65mm swaro, but the 95mm makes it tough.

aron

WKR
I have the regular pan head with an 80mm and more or less have to run it locked or unlocked. I have not been that impressed with it for being able to "fine tune" the tension allowing to pan/tilt with out it fully locked in place. I've used the micro pan head and prefer that over the regular.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
I had both a micro and reg head and the micro worked just fine with an 80mm. I think some people are just really picky, so if you expect to just be able to move your head without adjusting tension then the reg head is the better option. But if it doesn’t bug you to have to make small adjustments then either will work and work well.

tracker12

WKR
I wanted to buy this head so bad but after using a fluid head for the last few years I doubt I could get used to it flopping down when I was not paying attention.

OP
S
Tracker what fluid head are you using? I considered just getting a less expensive fluid head. I don’t use my spotter all that much usually just to get confirmation on a animal.