I’m confused, Bushnell elite tactical DMR II

id450

WKR
Does the G2 or G3 reticle come in 1/4 inch MOA dial on the turrets or just Mil ? I’m pretty sure I want this optic for my Tikka t3 in 6.5cm. I can’t seem to confirm if I’d can get the reticle in Mil with MOA turrets. I plan to dial in most cases and hold when needed. This is primary a hunting rifle but will be shooting LR for fun. Im really not wanting to complicate things by leaning Mils.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
These are Mil only as far as I know. As you learn more about dialing and using reticles you will realize that what you are looking for is not something you should want.

OP
I

id450

WKR
WTF would you want a mil/moa scope? Learning mils is NOT 'compicating' things. Au Contraire.....

I appreciate question.
Many , many scopes are built with MOA turrets and
MRAD or Mil reticles. Generally speaking a lot of shooters ( non military ) are more familiar with dialing 1/4 MOA at a given yardage then converting 3.43 in Mil Rads. The very popular Vortex Viper PST is built in MOA/MRAD options. The MIl reticle is for holding over mostly because it’s less busy then a MOA reticle would be since Its a fraction of a MOA. I would never get a MOA/MOA but will for sure get the MOA/MRAD or even a straight MRAD scope if I was willing to learn more about it. . I’m just more comfortable dialing for MOA then MRAD. I know the military has gone MRAD so maybe I should reconsider. Having said that, I was hopeful they offered the scope in a MOA option for the turrets to satisfy my preference.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate question.
Many , many scopes are built with MOA turrets and
MRAD or Mil reticles. Generally speaking a lot of shooters ( non military ) are more familiar with dialing 1/4 MOA at a given yardage then converting 3.43 in Mil Rads. The very popular Vortex Viper PST is built in MOA/MRAD options. The MIl reticle is for holding over mostly because it’s less busy then a MOA reticle would be since Its a fraction of a MOA. I would never get a MOA/MOA but will for sure get the MOA/MRAD or even a straight MRAD scope if I was willing to learn more about it. . I’m just more comfortable dialing for MOA then MRAD. I know the military has gone MRAD so maybe I should reconsider. Having said that, I was hopeful they offered the scope in a MOA option for the turrets to satisfy my preference.

Are you saying you see a scope that has mils on the reticle but moa turrets? Because the scope you listed is mils on the dials and reticle.
OOw2vkzm.jpg

Last edited:
OP
I

id450

WKR
Are you saying you see a scope that has mils on the reticle but moa turrets? Because the scope you listed is mils on the dials and reticle.
OOw2vkzm.jpg

I may have the wrong model I’ll have to look. But it’s very popular guys. You dial MOA and use the Mil reticle for holding when you need to or prefer to. If you google it you’ll find a ton of info. I. Not trying to be difficult and apologize for any negligence on the subject but that why I’m asking. A MOA turrets and a Mil dot reticle is nothing new. Does Any one know for sure if bushnell makes this set up in this scope? Thanks

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I may have the wrong model I’ll have to look. But it’s very popular guys. You dial MOA and use the Mil reticle for holding when you need to or prefer to. If you google it you’ll find a ton of info. I. Not trying to be difficult and apologize for any negligence on the subject but that why I’m asking. A MOA turrets and a Mil dot reticle is nothing new. Does Any one know for sure if bushnell makes this set up in this scope? Thanks

Just because a MOA turret, mil dot reticle isn't new and there are a few scopes made doesn't make it the best way to go.

Why would you want what you dial and what you'd hold two different numbers for the same distance?

However the DMR 2 is only avabilbe in MIL/MIL configuration.

The PSTs you mention are certainly NOT MOA turret and MIL reticle like you mentioned. There are some scopes that are configuarted MOA turret and MIL DOT reticle like the Leupold mark 4 but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to memorize or worth with one set of numbers in the reticle and another on the dial. I could really careless if its MIL or MOA really so long as they'd match.

For example lets say you have a deer at 458 yards.

You have to remember you need to dial like 8 moa at that distance if you want to dial....but wait you wanna hold and use the reticle...ok easy money divide by 3.43 ok now I can use the reticle and its only 2.3 MILs in the Mil Dot reticle, how is that easy? Or you could have a MOA based reticle and that 8 MOA on the dial would translate to exactly 8 MOA in the reticle if you chose to hold instead of dial.

Here is an example of the scope you seek:

SMOA dials and Mil-Dot reticle
Bushnell Elite 10x40 MilDot Target Turrets Argon Fixed Power Riflescope | 34% Off 4.8 Star Rating w/ Free Shipping

Last edited:
OP
I

id450

WKR
Luke ,
That’s perfect and makes great sense . Thanks for your time. I’ll get back on the internet for the next week and reassess my current decision. Someday I’ll actually buy a scope for this rifle. Thanks again guys.

A MOA turrets and a Mil dot reticle is nothing new. Does Any one know for sure if bushnell makes this set up in this scope?

Good gawdamighty I hope not... The elite tactical line caters to guys that have a clue. Only the clueless want moa/mil abortions. I would suggest learning yourself up, BEFORE getting a scope with turrets. Especially a mil/moa POS, that you'll dump first time you use it after learning how to correctly use turrets and matching reticles. In your first post you referred to 'not wanting to complicate things', which is exactly what you'll be doing with moa/mil. Listen to luke.......

OP
I

id450

WKR
Good gawdamighty I hope not... The elite tactical line caters to guys that have a clue. Only the clueless want moa/mil abortions. I would suggest learning yourself up, BEFORE getting a scope with turrets. Especially a mil/moa POS, that you'll dump first time you use it after learning how to correctly use turrets and matching reticles. In your first post you referred to 'not wanting to complicate things', which is exactly what you'll be doing with moa/mil. Listen to luke.......

Right on , I’ll check it out. Thanks fellas

'450, if you're going to get into this turret-turning bidness, you'll eventually end up in mils. Might as well cut the learning curve, and jump into it to start with. In the long run, it'll save you money. You won't have to dump all of your moa scopes when you decide to finally upgrade...

You are confused. You’re thinking in inches of drop rather than angles. That is complicated. Having two different angle measurements in the same scope and having to convert between the two is also complicated. If you want to use MOA that’s fine, but use it as measurement of an angle to the target and keep it that way in your mind. The way are talking I You haven’t learned moa or mils at this point, and you need to learn one. Mils are just easier because it’s metric but either way, you need to quit with the inches in your brain. You need to understand that your reticle is protractor not a ruler. This is easier to draw than to write but anyway- you the marksman are static for our purposes at the moment- and have line of sight to your target that is- you can look through the scope and put the reticle on it. Your barrel- will not be pointing directly at that target. It will be deflected slightly upward. This is what we deal with- how much we need to move that barrel upward to lob that bullet in there. How much angle we need to add or subtract to achieve hits. A 1/10 mil or 1/4 moa adjustment is always that no matter the range. If you need 7/10s of a mil or you need 1.5 moa- that’s what you need. Life only gets complicated when you try to figure out how many inches that is at any given range- which just doesn’t matter anyway.