Tangent Theta TT315M

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone tried one of these? I purchased one and am awaiting arrival. Curious how it will stack up to my NF ATACR 4-16x50 SFP. Was hoping to save a bit of weight on one of my new rifles. Specifically I would like to know about the glass, reliability/durability and Gen 2 Mildot reticle for low light shots.

OP
C

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
lots of info on snipershide. If i had the cash it is number one on my list

I'll have it in hand next week. I'll post up my first impressions. Appears to be everything I'm looking for.

Please keep us updated as to how you like it.

Waiting for the H-Series to come out later this year.

Seems like they missed the boat with the H model. There are good examples of lockable turrets out there that still let you know where your dials are at without unlocking, not sure why they chose to cover up the markings. That reticle leaves things to be desired and are they only coming in MOA?

OP
C

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like they missed the boat with the H model. There are good examples of lockable turrets out there that still let you know where your dials are at without unlocking, not sure why they chose to cover up the markings. That reticle leaves things to be desired and are they only coming in MOA?

I went with the M series rather than the H. As much as I seem to stress about accidental turret movement I really haven't had much issue with it and with a zero stop it's less worrisome. I do wish the windage was capped though. No scope out there seems to be what I want exactly. I wish there was a 4-16x50 ATACR with 30MM tube at 20oz with capped windage and lockable elevation.

I went with the Gen 2 Mildot reticle. It's simple and I'm hoping is visible on the low end of the magnification in low light. I have both but I'm preferring Mils to MOA and my 7saum lines up perfect with the mildot reticle subtensions.

B-P-UU

FNG
Anyone tried one of these? I purchased one and am awaiting arrival. Curious how it will stack up to my NF ATACR 4-16x50 SFP. Was hoping to save a bit of weight on one of my new rifles. Specifically I would like to know about the glass, reliability/durability and Gen 2 Mildot reticle for low light shots.

It's a pretty incredible scope - no question. However, for me personally the juice wasn't worth the squeeze over my 4-16x42 ATACR. TT have the best turrets - bar non, but the 'M' model, it's pretty small. I much prefer the larger / locking turret on the ATACR for use with gloves as well as the rotating ocular with gloves. Glass is some of the best I've seen, but the ATACR doesn't leave me wanting. I didn't keep it long, so can't speak to the durability. I wouldn't recommend the GENII XR for low power use as it gets pretty small, so you're good there.

It's a nice small package and a touch lighter, but I wouldn't say it's in a different class than the ATACR you have. Biggest thing I notices was the resolution - they do an exceptional job at resolving fine details. Hope you like it.

B-P-UU

FNG
I went with the M series rather than the H. As much as I seem to stress about accidental turret movement I really haven't had much issue with it and with a zero stop it's less worrisome. I do wish the windage was capped though. No scope out there seems to be what I want exactly. I wish there was a 4-16x50 ATACR with 30MM tube at 20oz with capped windage and lockable elevation.

I went with the Gen 2 Mildot reticle. It's simple and I'm hoping is visible on the low end of the magnification in low light. I have both but I'm preferring Mils to MOA and my 7saum lines up perfect with the mildot reticle subtensions.

There is no way you can roll a turret on this scope accidentally. If you found a way to do it deliberately, I'd be impressed. With the 6 MIL per Rev, it's very precise and stiff. Not stiff in a bad way, however. You'll see :)

OP
C

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
There is no way you can roll a turret on this scope accidentally. If you found a way to do it deliberately, I'd be impressed. With the 6 MIL per Rev, it's very precise and stiff. Not stiff in a bad way, however. You'll see :)

That’s what I assumed and it’s good to hear. This scope appears to be the closest thing to what I want that is available. I guess the price reflects that too. Don’t have it in hand yet but hopefully will next week. 6mil gets me pretty much as far as I need for hunting so I actually like the idea of larger spacing between clicks of the 6 mil vs cramming more adjustment into the first turn of the turret.

OP
C

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider

Is your zoom adjustment super stiff?

B-P-UU

FNG
Is your zoom adjustment super stiff?

I don't recall it being overly stiff, no. stiff, yes, but smooth if that makes sense. I bought mine 2nd hand so maybe they break in a bit. I've heard TT has really good customer service, so maybe reach out and see what they have to say.

Other than that, how do you like the scope??

OP
C

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
I don't recall it being overly stiff, no. stiff, yes, but smooth if that makes sense. I bought mine 2nd hand so maybe they break in a bit. I've heard TT has really good customer service, so maybe reach out and see what they have to say.

Other than that, how do you like the scope??

I haven't had a chance to use it yet. It's mounted on a new Rbros 7Saum but I bulged a disc in my neck and haven't been able to get out. I love the reticle though. The only thing I'm not super happy about is how hard the zoom is to adjust. Maybe it will break in with time.