How are you attaching your vortex spotting scope caps?

work765

WKR
I was watching the new season of Meat eater last night and saw he attaches his caps with some cordage so they don’t get lost.

You guys that do this. What are you doing?

Is it elastic cord or some type of rubber band?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

WKR
i'm just keeping the scope inside the green soft case it came in, without the covers. perhaps living dangerously but the caps are a pita to take off and on.

AZ23

FNG
Fishing line (trilene?). Drop the lens caps into the neoprene covers when in use.

I bought a neoprene cover for my vortex and it has built in covers, so I don’t have to worry about the lense covers that came with the scope. It’s awesome!!

530Chukar

WKR
I’ve used some duck decoy line I had lying around and ran a layer of grey electric tape over the bell and the upper end to secure the line and caps.

NV HUNTER

WKR
Looks like meat eater used electrical tap around the spotter with some kind of string. I just put them in my pockets.

OP
W

work765

WKR
Thanks guys! The less stuff I have to worry about losing the better. So popping them off and not worrying where they end up is ideal.

I’m gonna run the electrical tape and some sort of string/cordage as suggested.

It will be field tested this weekend! Rifle opener for my area. I can’t wait!

As mentioned, fishing line. I just tie a piece around the base and then a tail end going to either eye cap.

boom

WKR
my friend uses this thin black cord. very similar to the stuff at the end of point and shoot camera leashes.

he said he bought it at a fabric store. i need to do this. i'll have to find that cover first.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
Blaze orange paracord and tie the eyepiece and objective caps to each other through the loops on both. When I take them off I just wrap the caps/paracord around the tripod head, if they fall on the ground the blaze orange makes them easy to find.