Meopta or Maven - recommendations?

Gents,
I can get a new pair of Meopta Meopro 8x42 hd’s for around $300. Meostar hd’s 10x42 for about $650.... then there are the Maven 9x45’s B2’s for around $1100. My previous bino experience is Wal Mart $50 junk so anything will be a giant upgrade. I’m trying to read everything I can about the subject but the more I learn ... the more undecided I get. Primarily, I will be hunting in the Southeast but I have hopes of hunting out West someday soon. I definitely subscribe to the buy once cry once doctrine but I’m trying to justify if the need for better and better optics will be worth it given my most likely usage?

Part of me says to go with the Meopro’s for now and then upgrade some day down the road and use the Meopro’s as a backup. But then I’d have a 8x42 and likely a 9x45 (or 10x’s) which to me seems a little redundant. I’m also wondering if the Meostars are $300 better than the Meopro’s or would they leave me 3 bills poorer and wanting for the Maven’s someday anyhow? Anyway... that’s where I’m at. Thoughts? Thanks!

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I have limited experience with Meopta binoculars, but I know lots of people really like them, and that price on the Meostars is a steal!

manitou1

WKR
For 650.00, you will have glass that will do you well for many year... possibly a lifetime, without giving up much to the swaro HLC.
Yes, I think the meostars are 300.00 better than the meopro. Actually, more than that. If it doesn't keep food off your table, I say go for the Meostars. Definitely a bargain for your price.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I went through this and picked Maven B2s in 11x45 (I don’t notice shaking as an issue) But for $650 I’d reconsider. That’s a steal. Are those new?

I have the 8x42 Meopro's and for $300 they are IMO crazy good. I agree with everyone here that the Meostar HD's are better optically, but I don't love the ergonomics of them and prefer 8's. If you like the feel of the Meostar's they are one heck of a binocular that can compete with some of the best glass. If not, the Meopro's are pretty dang good. I have never looked at any Maven product.

Shrek

WKR
Grab the Meostars and you’ll never want for better glass. I like my Swarovski EL’s but they’re probably not $2000 better. I’ve used the 9x45 Mavens for a minute and hated them ! Way long and had a tunnel effect like they were using field blockers. I didn’t spend but just a minute behind the Mavens because I instantly disliked them. I didn’t spend the time to pick the Mavens apart and figure out exactly what all the issues were.

nickstone

WKR
I had Meostar and really like them over Mavens. I only sold them when I went to Swaro el 12x50. That pricing is considerably lower than the mil/le sheet I have from 2017.

Tyler455

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve demo’d Maven 11s and thought they where amazing . Having said that my new 12 Meostars seem better optically. Slightly more vivid or pop is all I can say.