Mid range spotter

Barnesnbow

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a good mid range spotter. Was thinking about a vortex razor. Would love a swaro but just can’t justify for the amount of hunting I get to do. I have a pair of razor binoculars and really like them. What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

I"m interested in this also. While the Swaro ATS 65 keeps calling my name, and I could afford it, I'm always hesitant to drop that type of coin. The only spotters I've looked through were mid-ranged Vortex (Viper maybe?) and a compact Leupold. Both were better than my 10x Diamondback binos...but I dont know how they compare to others.

tdhanses

WKR
I"m interested in this also. While the Swaro ATS 65 keeps calling my name, and I could afford it, I'm always hesitant to drop that type of coin. The only spotters I've looked through were mid-ranged Vortex (Viper maybe?) and a compact Leupold. Both were better than my 10x Diamondback binos...but I dont know how they compare to others.

I would invest in Swaro binos before a Swaro spotter if your running diamondback binos.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There's some excellent quality spotters from Kowa, Meopta and Athlon that are not crazy expensive.
It would be my pleasure to discuss options with anyone here.

We have demos of the Meopta MeoStar S1 in straight and Angled for under $1000.00 which is a great scope at a great price

Napperm4

WKR
I’ve played with a lot of glass over the past few years.

Bang for your buck spotter I’d highly suggest the vanguard endeavour HD. They offer a lifetime warranty, half the price of the razor and in the opinion of all of us that have done the side by side, is as clear or better than the razors. Haven’t looked through a new style razor yet but I’m just not enough a fan of vortex to bother buying one.

The only glass that has really given me the “wow” over the performance of the razor or vanguard has been the Kowas and my trusty STX.

bigbob

FNG
Midrange, I would say that the vanguard is great but for just a little more $$$$ the athlon ares 65mm is in a whole nother league. The glass is as good or better and it is so compact it seems closer to a 50mm. I really enjoyed that scope,

Love the Cabela's krotos if you can find it. It always wows me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Doug gave me the Homey Hook Up last month on an Athlon Ares 15-45X 65. I used it a handful of times and added the Novagrade mount. Quite fun for way less than a Swaro. I own a Zeiss T*FL 65mm. I never pack it. Took large. Too heavy.

I weighed both on a very accurate scale. Not a ton of difference. 49oz vs 44. The Zeiss is more clear. But not by a mile.

I used the Ares today for 2 hours nearly non stop. It's smaller and more compact. And I think the useable range of zoom is more broad than the Zeiss. Eastern Washington white tail hunt. I could glass deer in timbered clear cuts and broken terrain at well over a mile. Image was quite clear. No mirage and cold clear skies. If your budget is limited....it's a very serviceable option. Mine will go with me everywhere from now on

bairdi

FNG
This is kind of dated but, Ive been using a Pentax PF-65ED with a 20-60x zoom eye piece. When I purchased it 10 years ago, I looked through a lot of glass and it was by far the best bang for the buck. Still using on multiple hunts a year, sheep, moose, caribou, bear etc etc. While it isn’t in the same league as my buddy’s swaro spotter, it’s still been dang good glass and has worked well for me. Well enough that I haven’t explored or considered upgrading.

Jsn_leonard

Lil-Rokslider
Camofire has a 20-65x85mm spotter for sale right now for $1000. It’s big but they’re nice. I run the 65mm and love it.

Decker9

WKR
X2. I used the same Pentax for 4-5 years backpacking for sheep and goats. I upgraded to a swarvo HD a couple years ago, my Pentax isn’t to far behind my swarvo, and yet lighter to pack.

If I had to do it again and save up for a spotter, I’d go the Pentax route personally.