New spotting scope help

I was dead set in buying a vortex razor 11-33x 50mm objective and decided to take one last comparison.
I discovered the Leupold 15-30mm gold ring with hd glass for about 1/2 the cost. And the Kowa 50mm platform.
I only have access to the vortex to sample. Anyone have experience with the Leupold or Kowa? I’ve used a Leupold gold ring in 60mm that wasn’t HD but was just quality.

Before you suggest saving up for a bigger or more expensive glass, understand, I have no desire to spend $2300 on a piece of gear that a $700 piece will be sufficient for. Main purpose is moose hunting and counting brow times.

Just picked up the hawke Ed 50mm scope. It compares very well with the razor. Way cheaper though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Napperm4

WKR
I had and used the leupold 10-20x40 and the 15-30x50. Both beautiful scopes and I preferred the Leupold 15-30 over the razor.

Light, compact and clear up to full 30x zoom minus a little edge distortion at full zoom.

Only reason I sold it was that I find the FOV on 50mm spotters too small for my liking

I have the 11-33 Razor. It's pretty neat, but it isn't vastly more helpful for counting tines than a good pair of binoculars. In fact, I'd say it's probably on par with good higher power binoculars on a tripod for counting tines. After viewing a couple bulls from about 500 yds with this scope, I am looking at investing in a good full size spotter to help making those crucial determinations. And I don't believe it would take more than $2k, as decent 85mm's in the Razor line can usually be found for close to $1k here in the classifieds.

I have the 15-30x50mm Leupold Gold ring spotting scope and I really like it. It's light and compact and I feel the clarity and quality of the optics are very good.

OP
Y
I have the 11-33 Razor. It's pretty neat, but it isn't vastly more helpful for counting tines than a good pair of binoculars. In fact, I'd say it's probably on par with good higher power binoculars on a tripod for counting tines. After viewing a couple bulls from about 500 yds with this scope, I am looking at investing in a good full size spotter to help making those crucial determinations. And I don't believe it would take more than $2k, as decent 85mm's in the Razor line can usually be found for close to $1k here in the classifieds.

That is my fear kind of. That it wouldn’t be that much better than a decent pair of binos. I found myself using my 8x monarch 7s during this past season and used the spotting scope to confirmmsex of caribou. Only problem, the caribou didn’t move that slow. Lol