Time for a range finder upgrade

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Leica 2000-b is the best deal you’ll find for $349

This is the best advice you have gotten. Outstanding little unit. Unless you are a guide you are much better off with separate Bino and rangefinder. I just went on a goat hunt in September with some 15x Geovids and while they ARE excellent I prefer the versatility of separate units.

I often ONLY take my Leica 2000 when tree stand hunting. Optics are superb.

Did not know that about the Leica. Thanks for the correction. Wasn't intended to be a blanket, more of a heads up that buyer needs to look into it further before purchasing a pair from any brand.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

They are not the same glass as the ultravid HD+ or Noctovids, both of which are roof prisms I believe while the Geovids are perger porro prism. They are fantastic to look through though, i love the depth of focus. You hardly have to touch the focus wheel on them.

Now, if only they had a better ballistic setup and cold weather reliability..

excaliber

WKR
I have a Sig Kilo 2200 and it does not range past 1400 yards in normal daylight conditions. In lower light and reflective surfaces it will range quite a bit further. I'm more concerned with it's reliability to range objects from 30-700 yards. I like the speed of it and it's been accurate so far. Hope it stays that way.

tracker12

WKR
This is the best advice you have gotten. Outstanding little unit. Unless you are a guide you are much better off with separate Bino and rangefinder. I just went on a goat hunt in September with some 15x Geovids and while they ARE excellent I prefer the versatility of separate units.

I often ONLY take my Leica 2000 when tree stand hunting. Optics are superb.

I 1600 B does not give Angle Comp until you hit 100 yards. OP wants it for archery hunting. Need the R model. I bought mine from Euro Optics for 439 when I bought

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
Leica... best rangefinders. Leupold and other also work but Leica will give you the correct distance and works best.

Forest

WKR
I'm curious as to why you ruled out the leupold?? Leica, sig or leupold seem to be the leaders in the rangefinder world. I have the sig and love it, used an older leica and was great in its time and am sure the newer ones are even better. Leupold is another solid option, plus they are a usa company with great support and good product for the money.

mcseal2

WKR
I've been running Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42's for I think 4 years now. I have never had a cold weather issue with them and have hunted in 0 degrees. I bought them after my Leupold rangefinder failed me in 2013 in the cold. Maybe having them in a chest harness instead of a pack pocket keeps them warmer, maybe they are just better. The glass is awesome to my eyes. I've run Swaro SLC's and spotters and these are as good to my eyes as anything I've looked through. I haven't used EL's or Noctovids. These work and I've put enough money into glass!

The rangefinder is the 1600yd version and hits deer at 800 fine. I've hit a non-reflective hunting blind at 2200yds and tree lines at 1400. I love them.

Having the rangefinder in binos helps, they are so much easier to hold steady than a little one handed rangefinder. One less step too between locating, evaluating, and shooting.

I bought the Leica 1000R last Summer because it was a lot cheaper and I found a great sale on it. I like it, but really wish I would have spent another $100 and bought a longer range model. I won’t take a shot much over 400 yards - that’s the limit I’ve put on myself personally, but I’d sure love to be able to range an object or tree line past 2,000 yards. My 2 cents based on my own experience.

J8tnub

FNG
I'm curious as to why you ruled out the leupold?? Leica, sig or leupold seem to be the leaders in the rangefinder world. I have the sig and love it, used an older leica and was great in its time and am sure the newer ones are even better. Leupold is another solid option, plus they are a usa company with great support and good product for the money.

Sig is a USA company as well.