Outdoorsmans Panhead and Tripod Set-Up

AZElk

FNG
I am looking into getting an Outdoorsmans Panhead to pair with my Slik 723 CF tripod. My worries are that the standard Slik threading will not work with the Panhead. Has anyone run into any problem with this pairing. Also, I am wondering if their Adapter plate will work with my Swarovski STM spotter. If anyone has any experience with these products and their usage I would really appreciate your help in making my choice.

Napperm4

WKR
I run an outdoors mans panhead on a slik 634 with no issues. The standard slik thread should be 3/8-16. If not there’s adapters available that work great.

My spotter is a Swarovski stx but again, the outdoorsmans plates are standard to the 1/4-20 thread and work awesome

Trial153

WKR
Used a micro pan head on a silk 624 a lot this past month ...no issues and no adapter

Last edited:

4KDOA

FNG
outdoorsmans.com has live chat curing business hour's. they will answer any and all question's you have. great people to work with.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am looking into getting an Outdoorsmans Panhead to pair with my Slik 723 CF tripod. My worries are that the standard Slik threading will not work with the Panhead. Has anyone run into any problem with this pairing. Also, I am wondering if their Adapter plate will work with my Swarovski STM spotter. If anyone has any experience with these products and their usage I would really appreciate your help in making my choice.

Yes and yes with both! Get a 1/4-3/8 adapter for the threading on the tripod legs and screw your panhead on. And the plate will screw into your spotter just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk