New to me Swarovskis

Torrey in Tahoe

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All, My name's Torrey and I'm new here. So... when I was a kid I was a super avid hunter. Mainly upland bird but big game as well. In 89' when I was 19, I saved for 6 months to be able to afford a pair of zeiss 10x40 dialyts. At the time they were $999 and about the best you could get and they became my most prized possession! I used them on many hunts and always felt like I had the best. A few years later I discovered climbing and mountaineering and quit hunting. I sold the zeiss so that I could afford to buy climbing gear. All these years later I can't really climb any more because of tendon problems and generally getting old and so have decided to start hunting again. I've always regretted selling those zeiss and made the rash decision to pick up a pair from the same era. I found a pair on ebay in great shape from the UK; just like the ones I sold before. Once I got them I actually started doing what I should have done in the first place, reading up on glass. That brought me to this site. I came across the 'best binos' post by Ryan Avery. I read through that whole post several times, got a ton of good info and ended up testing out maven b1, swarovski slc and el 10x40's along with some nikon HD's and some zeiss conquests. The swaro SLC were the clear winners. I just bought a pair and absolutely love them! Can't wait to put in for some tags next year and put them to use. In the meantime I'm just enjoying using them in the hills around my house in NW Reno, glassing for anything and everything and just enjoying them for what they are. Thanks to all who contributed to that post for the wealth of information in it.

tracker12

WKR
Welcome. I recently bought a pair of SLC 8X42's after selling my Zeiss 10x40 like you had. I absolutely love them. I looked at bunch of brands and models and these were the clear winners for me. My old eyes could not see much difference between them and the El's and I like the feel of the SLC also.

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
The 10x42 SLC is my choice.

Glass I have owned and compared them to and liked them over.

Zeiss HT
Swarovisison EL
Leica Ultravid HD plus
Zeiss Victory FL
Zeiss Conquest HD