Leica Customer Service

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
logo.jpg

leica-logo.png

Leica Customer Service

I thought I would take a moment to create a post in reference to Leica's Customer service improvements in 2018.

Those of you who know me, and read my 2018 SHOT Show report may recall reading:
"We discussed customer service as this has been a hot button topic. Last year they tripled the staff and in 2018 they will be doubling that. They are putting Care back into Customer Care. When any product is sent in for service the customer will be contacted in 1-2 business days. They are on a mission to be #1 in service. So happy about this."

As you may or may not know I spend a few hours a day interacting on various forums. This is a follow up post from one of the numerous hunting forums on the web:

Amazing service from LEICA
Please take a moment to click on it and read it through.

Now, I am in no way saying that this is how every service interaction is or will be. What I am saying is that obviously, Leica has been stepping up and as stated in my January SHOT Show report, "They are putting Care back into Customer Care"

Just thought it was worth sharing. As always, feel free to reach out to us about any product or brand we handle, whether you purchased it from us or not. We are here to assist.

Have a great day.
Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000, 212-753-5128
Please visit our web site @ Cameras,Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Rifle Scopes | Camera Land NY
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore

daddie63

WKR
That is great to hear. I know it’s made me consider Leica again hearing positive reports for a change

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
I have a guide/outfitter friend who returned two pair of binoculars and a spotting scope this summer for clean and check/adjust type work. All three came back separately, but he had them all in less than 5 weeks. Much better!

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Certainly makes me reconsider Leica. I was thinking of buying a new set of range finder binos or another smaller, lighter set of binos than the Maven B2 I bought. I was not looking st Leica due to the poor customer service reputation. I’ll add them to the list.

338edge

Lil-Rokslider
I shipped my Leica geovids HD B 2200 in for a laser issue. They will be sending me a loaner pair. Yes I've been happy with their customer service.

LaHunter

WKR
This past spring I sent my Leica crf 1600 in because it was not working properly. They sent me a new unit, no charge. This is good customer service and standing behind your product, in my opinion.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Like y'all here, I have had great response from Leica on customer service in the last couple years. I understand that in the past, CS has been an issue for them, and from conversations with the folks I know at the top of the chain there, they know it too and have taken decisive action to address the issue.

Any issue or question I have had or have been involved with has been immediately resolved, including when I have found folks online with problems or questions that needed help getting in contact with the right people. I have not had a situation yet where once they got to the right place, the problem was not resolved immediately.

As Doug has mentioned, I can testify that Leica USA takes CS very seriously, they understand that an integral part of a product's quality is the support that comes with it, and I think they intend to be top tier.

I just had a great interaction with Leica C.S last week as well. They sent me a small part I had lost free of charge and with expedited shipping. I was really worried about even being able to buy the part. Very happy with how it worked out.

Laker

FNG
Well I am going to put their CS to the test. My 20 some year old trinovids are not focusing as well as they should. Can someone provide me with contact info for them? I'm in Canada if that makes a difference.thx

OP
gr8fuldoug

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Well I am going to put their CS to the test. My 20 some year old trinovids are not focusing as well as they should. Can someone provide me with contact info for them? I'm in Canada if that makes a difference.thx
I mis-spoke. Leica USA does handle Canada. Please call 1-800-222-0118 and speak with Jeninne

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing Doug!

We at Leica do take Customer Care very seriously, and it is great to hear positive feedback from the end users!

Thank you all for your support!

My last experience with Leica Customer Service was simply abysmal. BLUF - sent back Trinovid Binos that developed a collimation issue and a malfunctioning focus wheel. What followed could have been made into a bad movie. To sum up, it took almost a full year and countless follow-up phone calls to finally get the unit back. Also seem to recall having to pay for the repair even though I purchased them new from an authorized dealer.

Leica makes some interesting stuff that I like to use for hunting but lately my previous experiences with their CS has steered me toward their competitors. Now, I have a 1000-R rangefinder, which I bought new, that is malfunctioning. I was tempted to avoid another Leica CS hazing and just buy another competing rangefinder. But to be completely fair to Leica and their purported heightened commitment to “Customer Care” I’m going to contact them and give them a chance to repair the unit.

Will report back here with an honest assessment of the experience. Here we go!

Well now. Every once in a while something pleasantly exceeds expectations. I’m very pleased to report that my recent experience with Leica Customer Care could not have gone better.

My Leica CRF 1000-R Rangefinder began failing and finally stopped working altogether. Some folks on this site helped me connect with Leica Customer Care and from there on it was smooth sailing. They sent me a UPS return label and I shipped it back and pretty much like lightning they inspected the unit, agreed that it was beyond repair and shipped me back a free replacement.

Throughout the entire process Leica staff was very courteous and professional. Based on this experience I’d have to agree that Leica has done a complete 180 from years past and now offers first-rate customer care.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Glad they got you sorted! They've been working hard in this area, and prioritizing it heavily, so this is good to hear.

I didn’t have the receipt so don‘t know the exact date of purchase. But had the original box and all the documentation including the warranty card, manufacturer bar codes, etc. If forced to guess I‘d estimate about 5 years or so.

S

slancey

I have been using a Leica Televid 82 spotter for a few years. A couple years ago I noticed some specks that looked like oil spatter on the inside surfaces of the scope. I sent it back and it took a few weeks, but they simply replaced the scope body. Then a year later I noticed the same thing, this time the specks were in the eyepiece. It only took a couple weeks to receive a new 25-50x eyepiece. If they made a commitment in 2018 to improve customer service, then they sure delivered in my case.

JGRaider

WKR
Glad to hear the good reports, and honestly they needed to address it. My last dealings with Leica CS was a couple of years ago and was not good. Now they need to address their very non-competitive written warranties to make them more competitive with other premium brand/premium$$$ makers.