Outdoorsmans prices skyrocket?

tdhanses

WKR
Is it just me or has everything had a substantial price increase? Like $50+ on heads?

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
I thought the same thing. Been wanting to try out the Micro head and I could have sworn it was just under $300 just a bit ago.....thought it was just me.

NoWiser

WKR
I bought the micro in August. It was $279.00. I also found a discount code somewhere for 10% off. It's nice and light and seems to work well, but I have nothing to compare it to. For $330.00, if I were to do it again, I'd probably try some cheaper options first.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I thought the same thing. Been wanting to try out the Micro head and I could have sworn it was just under $300 just a bit ago.....thought it was just me.

I have owned all of their heads at some point and hadn’t looked into it for awhile, that 10% off doesn’t make up for the 25% increase but I will say that they are still my favorite head. Glad I don’t need anything.

ljalberta

WKR
Yikes. I'd love one of their panheads but that's getting rich. Good for them if they're still selling at those prices though!! Obviously a solid product.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
Aluminium prices have doubled in the last year..

You know that was something I thought of, looked at the last 5 years of pricing and aluminum is cheaper now then it was 3 years ago. Also the tariffs increase was only 10% on aluminum. I would think labor is their biggest cost in these heads over materials.

5 Year Aluminum Prices and Aluminum Price Charts - InvestmentMine

One would think the pistol grip head would then have the largest price increase since it has the largest amount of aluminum of all the heads but it only went up $20, yet the pan head went up $70 or something and micro $50.

But I’m all for companies determining what the value of their goods should be.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Aluminium prices have doubled in the last year..

Ya, but the panhead is something like 10.2oz all in......so well under a pound. Even if aluminum quadrupled, the increase would still be minimal just from raw materials. Something else is being priced into these.

WRO

WKR
Ya, but the panhead is something like 10.2oz all in......so well under a pound. Even if aluminum quadrupled, the increase would still be minimal just from raw materials. Something else is being priced into these.
To be fair, I've been wrong once, a bunch of times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
And that’s the reason I don’t buy any of their stuff, besides their digiscope system (which is also expensive). An Outdoorsmans tripod and head costs something like $900. That’s just ridiculous. I don’t care how good their pan head is, it’s just too pricey.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I spend lots of time behind glass and its worth the price to me. Love that Panhead and pistol grip.

Thinking about getting an RRS tripod. Now that's expensive.

I own all the outdoorsman's stuff I will need in my lifetime. Absolutely love their products. I would pay full retail to replace my stuff if it were lost or stolen.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
I thought I was going crazy when I looked at the panhead a couple days ago because I could have sworn it was cheaper the last time I looked.

prconnection

Lil-Rokslider
Supply and demand fella’s.........people are will to pay the prices so they keep the prices up. Only way you will see them come down is a good old recession when people aren’t willing to spend that kinda of cash. Demand goes down and so will the price. Until then it is what it is.

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I dont think they make their heads either. I believe they are contracted to another Arizona company who manufactures them for Outdoorsmans. The tiny pawn shop they work out of is no machine shop. A price increase may not be initiated by them.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
Rim Country Manufacturing in Payson, AZ is who machines the heads. It is/was possible to buy directly through them.