Rangefinder attachment on Kuiu Harness

Firehawk

WKR
Okay guys I literally spent 2.5 hours yesterday trying to find the "needle in a haystack" after my Sig rangefinder was pulled from my open pack hip pocket. I eventually found it after much praying, crawling through the leaves on my knees etc.

So now, I am really ready to find a way to attach my rangefinder to my Kuiu harness so that I can easily access it, but also protect it from the elements/trees etc.

Please let me know what has worked for you. I see Kuiu has their lanyard and rangefinder holder, but are any of you using something else that works well?

I have the kuiu rangefinder holder that goes on the Bino Harness and really like it. Previously I would carry it in my pack hip belt tethered to my shoulder strap. You can do pretty much the same kuiu setup with the sig pouch it comes with it will just slide around a little.

I have a Kuiu harness and Sig range finder. I use the Sig pouch. I pulled the loose end of the chest strap out of the 3 bar slider so it was free once coming out of the buckle. I ran the loose end through the loop on my sig pouch then back through the 3 bar slider. The rangefinder barely moves on the chest strap now.

If your shirt has a chest pocket I usually just use the neck strap and tuck it in the chest pocket. Never had to worry and its easily accessible. Don't have any experience with the Kuiu one but I shy away from anything velcro. I use an Alaska Guide Creations CUB and it has everything you need for binos/rangefinder with a built in tether. It burns me that Kuiu charges you so much for something so basic. If I had to do it again I would rather go with the horn hunter. I much prefer the X strap setup.

OP
Firehawk

Firehawk

WKR
I have a Kuiu harness and Sig range finder. I use the Sig pouch. I pulled the loose end of the chest strap out of the 3 bar slider so it was free once coming out of the buckle. I ran the loose end through the loop on my sig pouch then back through the 3 bar slider. The rangefinder barely moves on the chest strap now.

Thank you for mentioning this. I tried just taking that loose end through the loop yesterday and it seemed to work ok, but I like your idea to make it tighter. I may have to get the tether as the one on my Sig was too short to fit comfortably over my neck. I suppose I could attach the Sig tether to my harness somehow. I just need to keep "straps" to a minimum while bow hunting. Don't want to risk anything getting in the string during full draw.