AGC vs Marsupial Bino Harness?

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
Have had 2 AGC's, have just ordered the Marsupial. I like the lid opening way better from a practicality point of view of the Marsupial.

I also have a Paladin AMR, same lid opening as the AGC but a totally different pack, as it has an awesome carrier on the back for a few things.

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have a Marsupial (size small for my 10x42s). Like Moose’s comment above, the main thing I like about it over the ACG is that the lid folds down rather than up like the ACG. Some people don’t like the magnets on the Marsupial, but I haven’t found them to be a problem as long as you’re careful when closing! They can make noise if slammed. I don’t think you’d be disappointed either way!

I have both...I wear the AGC for rifle and so forth when its cold and I wear the marsipual for bow or when is warmer. Man reason for me is the marsipual runs small in the straps. Fits more snug which is great for bow. But during rifle season when I'm wearing a ton of clothes I switch to the AGC. Way more room. Plus I use the bino harness to hold my rifle sometimes if I'm stalking. Can rest the stock right on top. Kinda funny...I like the way the marsipual opens better but it can be load if you let it go to quickly. The marsipual is also better for things like belly crawling and so forth. Not sure that helps

jwooley

Lil-Rokslider
I had a FHF awesome as well but for my Leica HD-B and how id be using them I ordered a Marsupial and believe it is by far the best option for the HD-Bs if you are going to be taking them in and out ranging and glassing. They might not have quite the all around protection from dust or the elements, but team them with the marsupial rain cover they are hare to beat for my application.

Trial153

WKR
Did they fix the lid opening on marsupial? The one I had the side were open and dust and debris would get in. Other than that it was nice. Used it cous deer bowhunt and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough after.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Marsupial is my favorite by far and I've had a bunch. Dust hasn't been a problem for me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
I have had them both and prefer the Marsupial. If its raining hard I will put it in my pack. It doesn't offer as much protection as the AGC but is a lot quicker to glass from. They make a rain cover for the Marsupial.

I hunt dusty areas and carry a lense cloth and small spray bottle to keep lenses clean.

OP
Split toe

Split toe

WKR
After doing more research, I found out that the marsupial harness magnet can and will alter the accuracy of a gps/compass. I'm afraid this will be a deal breaker for me.

I have used the AGC for a few seasons now and I love it. The Marsupial looks fantastic as a 'just for binoculars' harness. The greatness of the AGC though is that it has several good size pockets for other little things like a range finder, a couple energy bars, hunting license and tags, extra ammo, lighter, etc. Little stuff that you always want accessible and not having to worry about remembering which clothing pocket you last put it in.

vdeal

FNG
Can anyone tell me how wide the Marsupial Bino pack is? Can't find that info online. Thanks.

4KDOA

FNG
I have both. Like several others here I prefer the front opening on the marsupial. But the storage on the AGC is excellent. My 12x50 el’s fit snugly in the marsupial medium but that is the size they recommend for them. Fit perfect in the AGC. Dust in the sides of the marsupial is definitely an issue here in north Texas. Both are well made but would like to see AGC upgrade their buckles. They obviously know there is an issue because they offer the better buckles on their website. Buy both!

If you want full protection for your binoculars buy the AGC. If you don't mind dust and maybe dirt getting onto/into your binoculars then buy Marsupial or FHF.

The gaps on the side of the FHF/Marsupial are a deal breaker for me. Why add a whole pouch for your nockers and then leave big gaps for dust to get in them anyway?

pbcarch

WKR
Don’t know much about the FHF but have a AGC cub max. Used it last 2 seasons for whitetail and this September for my first idaho elk hunt. In it at all times: Swarovski slc 10x42, leuopold rangefinder (front pocket) , garmin Montana (bottom max pocket) , air puffer (right side pocket) , Fire starter (left side pocket) and licenses & bino pack cover (in back zip pocket)

I guess some may consider it big but I am use to it and never go out without it. I also ALWAYS shoot with it on no matter where I am. While it doesn’t interfere with shooting it will block your vision to attach your release to your string with bow at waist.

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
I’m surprised no one on RS has tried modifying the Marsupialto add some kind of flap or elastic to the marsupial to make it full coverage. I would think it is possible to do, based on the design. It just might take some creative sewing and problem solving. I thought about getting a marsupial and doing something like that. Expensive experiment, though.

I’m surprised no one on RS has tried modifying the Marsupialto add some kind of flap or elastic to the marsupial to make it full coverage. I would think it is possible to do, based on the design. It just might take some creative sewing and problem solving. I thought about getting a marsupial and doing something like that. Expensive experiment, though.

I thought about it, but instead bought an Outdoor Vision harness. Similarish design but full coverage. I prefer the OV to the Marsupial but they're both good harnesses.