Best Budget Binos

treillw

WKR
Thinking about getting a pair of binos for my wife to use and for kids in the future. Don't want to spend a ton on them - was thinking $200 or $300. Suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks!

Trial153

WKR
This is going to be unpopular. But in that price range there isnt going to be a spit of difference in any of them.
I would look for two things. First an excellent warrenty because they cant build them with any kind of quiality components at that price.
Secondly I would pick a model that was higher priced yet on sale bringing it down to your budget.

The Maven C1s are $280 in 10x42 right now. They’re far and away better than anything else in that price range that I’ve looked through. I would jump on that deal before they bump back up to $350. The sale runs through tomorrow.

samc

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Maven C1s and they out perform glass twice their cost. I don’t think they can be beat for the price.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Thinking about getting a pair of binos for my wife to use and for kids in the future. Don't want to spend a ton on them - was thinking $200 or $300. Suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks!

Nothing will touch the C1s at that price.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
The Maven C1s are $280 in 10x42 right now. They’re far and away better than anything else in that price range that I’ve looked through. I would jump on that deal before they bump back up to $350. The sale runs through tomorrow.

How is their warranty, as Trial mentioned above?

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Think it would better to wait around to try to find a screaming deal on a $500 or $600 pair?

How about a pair of demos or used?

What is the next step up in quality from the C1?

I'm not in a huge rush to get them.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Think it would better to wait around to try to find a screaming deal on a $500 or $600 pair?

How about a pair of demos or used?

What is the next step up in quality from the C1?

I'm not in a huge rush to get them.

You won't find a better pair for under 600 bucks IMO. Unless someone has a monster sale on the Nikon HGs or Meoptas.

matthewmt

WKR
Ill be getting some maven C1s for Xmas to play with. 280$ on amazon

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In under $300.00 I would go GPO, Hawke, Athlon or Steiner. It would be my pleasure to discuss options with you. I am back in the store around 8 tomorrow morning
Have a great night
Doug

I have a pair of gently used Nikon Monarch 7 8x42 that I'll be listing soon for $350. I was recently able to afford the Nikon HG's and comparing the two, they are very close. They have a huge field of view and depth of focus and they're lightweight and durable. I love the Nikons for those qualities.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Vortex Diamondback 10x42's for $130

This change anything?

See the thread I posted on this exact question last week. Everyone recommended C1s. Read the Amazon reviews and those from different gear reviewers. I was planning on Maven C1s for half a year and was a little tempted by that Diamondback sale. I purchased the C1s and have used them. They are awesome in every way. I think you'll find the C1s and Diamondbacks are in two different categories. I have used my buddies Diamondbacks and they are okay. The C1s are definitely not entry level binos.

I used the crap out of Diamondback 10x42 for the last few years. Yes, they are lower end but they are better than your naked eye and can be used to great effect. Coming from no binos or $20 8 power crap from the check-out line, they were a world of difference. I still have them for back up or to loan to buddies or my kids. If I were to buy a pair in that price range again I'd give a hard look at the Maven C1, only because of the reviews they get here.