Athlon ares 15-45x65

success

WKR
Was looking to buy a viper hd that I found on sale and went down a wormhole last night. I found alot of older reviews but nothing recent. Anyone care to chime in who has been using the athlon? Does it compare to the viper or razor? I read reviews where people say it's on par with the razor. Just find that hard to believe. Just looking to count tines and see animals far away. Not sheep hunting yet.

Have you read my review and comparison post?

Disregard my post. I missed that you were looking for spotting scope reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 65mm Viper. It's not sexy or anything but I can see up to 4 miles out and count antlers for a few miles. More than adequate since I'm not a sheep guy. If you aren't a real trophy hunter, I think it's a good buy.

Clarity is pretty good. Light gathering is good. I can glass up to almost complete darkness. Looking into shadows is decent.

The Ares should be just as good according to my research and it's definitely smaller and lighter. I'd probably go with the Ares if I was buying new. The Athlon people told me it wouldn't compare with the Razor but is better than or equal to the Viper. That's what I would think from the specs.

OP
S

success

WKR
Have you read my review and comparison post?

Disregard my post. I missed that you were looking for spotting scope reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan, I just looked through your post and did not see your review. Can you please link it?

OP
S

success

WKR
id like to know how this ares 65mm compares to a theron saker,,,,

That's actually what I have now. It worked well in Montana except in the evening. Light transmission fell way off quickly. I wish I could try one out and compare.

Last edited: