Post Thanks / Like

Kowa 774 Spotting Scope case

I'm looking for a lightweight/cheap option to protect my new Kowa 774. I don't like the stuff specifically made for the Kowa. I like the SnugFit cases but I don't know which one I should try to fit on my Kowa. I'm thinking the Vortex Diamondback 80 should work.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a thick wool sock on my 773. Be interested to see if anyone has suggestions on the 774 or 773.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in the same boat and was even looking at a custom made neoprene for mine and after a while i ditched that idea. I ended up getting the case kowa has with the removable eyepiece cover, the flap over the micro and macro focus. This one stays on your scope and fits better than the lite green one that looks more like just a bag around your scope.

I would be interested in a neoprene that will fit

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually ordered a couple of neoprene cases for the Vortex that I'm going to try. I'll let you know if I find something that works out.
    Last edited by Alaska Bowman; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:32 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so I found something that works really well. I bought a snugfit neoprene case for the Vortex Diamondback 80 Str. It's almost a perfect fit. I had to make a slight alteration to the eyepiece cover by cutting out the plastic tie loops and using a piece of string instead. Awesome setup... will post pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay here are some pics. Again, just a minor alteration to the eyepiece. This fits awesome... not perfect but full functionality of the scope with this case on. I much prefer this over the ones Kowa is offering.Attachment 82908Attachment 82909Attachment 82910Attachment 82911Attachment 82912

Post Thanks / Like
    Not showing, probably will have to use imgur or something like that.
    Formerly known as Dotman

9. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Second attempt to load pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see your pictures now. How does the eye piece cover fit other than being a tad bit short?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by realunlucky View Post
    I can see your pictures now. How does the eye piece cover fit other than being a tad bit short?
    It fits great once you take out those plastic tabs from the eyepiece cover. I actually put my plastic cover down in the bottom of it for extra protection. It's snug but not too snug.