Monocular??? anyone else use them?

Sorry slinger

Lil-Rokslider
So I am legally blind in my right eye, I need some new optics. Because of my blind eye I would love to find a monocular so I don't have to carry excess weight. I currently have the small vortex 8x32 I think it is. any of you guys know of any other makers?
Thinking I might just be stuck with going with the 10 power from vortex.
Thanks to anyone who might know some secret deals.

wyodan

WKR
How do you like the Vortex? I am thinking of getting one for my dad for Christmas, since he hates binos.

I found several other brands using the Google. Also, B&H Photo has dozens of them if you went there to research.

Blue72

WKR
I am also legally blind in my left eye.

I played around with monoculars, but ironically found that binoculars still work better. Even though I can barely see anything clearly in my left eye.

chindits

WKR
I use the smaller vortex monocular when I don’t want to bring my range finder. I usually pair it up with a spotting scope. I tried the 10x but wasn’t happy with it because the additional power resulted in me needing to brace the monocular to hold it steady enough. If I need more power then I switch to my spotting scope.

I don’t use binos because I don’t want the additional weight and one of my eyes is near sighted and the other is far sighted. I can never keep binos focused for both eyes over all distances.

MattB

WKR
Camera Land is similar to B&H and is actually a sponsor of Rokslide. Keep it in the family and give Doug a call.

Vezome

FNG
I have binoculars. But I want to try thermal monoculars, for example I found good devices from ATN, ATN OTS-HD 384 2-8x is affordable for me. Did you try such optics? Is it good choice?

Hey Vezome, if you're interested I've seen a review that covers the different ranges of monocular. The one that caught my attention was the GoSky Titan The 10 Best Monoculars 2019 because they wrote about it being compatible with smartphones that it gives a person a bigger 'eye area' which makes it easier to focus on the target. So I hope I gave you some valuable info:)

Elkangle

WKR
I would send out emails to optics companies to see if they would build you a set of binos

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
what about something like a straight 50mm vortex razor or maven s2 or kowa 502/554? theyre a little heavier than binos but would also cover you for having a spotter in a lot of situations.