New 10x42 binos

Matt G.

WKR
It is unfortunate that I am searching for a new 10x42 binos. I loved my Cabelas Euros but my car was ransacked last night and I find myself looking for a new pair. I guess I got some time to replace them but I feel handicapped right now. Still got 2 months of deer season left. Anyone know of a good deal on binos of similar or better quality?

Maven C1s are really good for the price. I think I'm going to be satisfied for a long time. In the next class, I'd look at the Maven B2, Nikon Monarch, Meopta Meostar, and Leica.

Demo some Mavens and/or talk to Doug at Cameraland.

Scottyboy

WKR
It is unfortunate that I am searching for a new 10x42 binos. I loved my Cabelas Euros but my car was ransacked last night and I find myself looking for a new pair. I guess I got some time to replace them but I feel handicapped right now. Still got 2 months of deer season left. Anyone know of a good deal on binos of similar or better quality?

I can’t speak about quality comparison, but I have a pair of tract toric uhd 10x42 that I can loan you to round out your season. Just thought I would throw it out there in case you didn’t want to jump into an immediate purchase you might later regret. Send me a DM if you want..

Best deal going right now on something comparable would be the Nikon Monarch HG's at 25% off from LL Bean.

They are much lighter and more compact than your Euros, with a wider field of view as well.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t speak about quality comparison, but I have a pair of tract toric uhd 10x42 that I can loan you to round out your season. Just thought I would throw it out there in case you didn’t want to jump into an immediate purchase you might later regret. Send me a DM if you want..

Two thumbs up for the dude with this righteous offer.^^ Nice to see there are still some good folks around.

Jus picked up the are tract toric 8x42 with schott ht glass. It is phenomenal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
thanks for the offer. although I appreciate it, I don't like to be responsible for others gear. I never heard of of Tract.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
thanks for the offer. although I appreciate it, I don't like to be responsible for others gear. I never heard of of Tract.

They are a new(ish) company, the owners are very approachable and always promptly respond to emails etc. for the price, and especially quality I would check them out

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider

Chek out their website. Hunting Binoculars and Rifle Scopes | TRACT

Started by two longtime guys from Nikon who branched out on their own. New business model with direct sales much like Maven. No middleman. Made in Japan and their top bino's use Schott glass. From all accounts they are knocking on the door of Alpha glass for a fraction of the price.

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
I think after alpen, I will stick to tried and true optic company. warranties only as good as the business is around...

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
I think after alpen, I will stick to tried and true optic company. warranties only as good as the business is around...

Understand. Very valid point. Alpen offered a wide range of optics, some very good. Hated to see them abruptly close their doors with zero options for customer warranty needs.

Very generous offer to help out a fellow hunter. Two thumbs up 👍 👍

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Maven C1s are really good for the price. I think I'm going to be satisfied for a long time. In the next class, I'd look at the Maven B2, Nikon Monarch, Meopta Meostar, and Leica.

Demo some Mavens and/or talk to Doug at Cameraland.

Agree with that 100%!!

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
So hard to decided between the Leica Trinovid, Meopta Meostar HD, Nikon HG or do i just go a little higher for the Swaro SLC.... The other question is which has the best warranty out there. I was a little discourage by Meopta with last pair. Since it was a Cabelas brand they were not too helpful on some issues but i still loved the glass/ergonomics/weight.

I'd say try as many of those as you can and see what you like best. That's really the only way to know for sure. I've tried them all, and I can tell you they all have warts. Some bigger than others. Some you can live with and some you can't but each of us has our own preferences about what matters and what doesn't. When you are looking at glass above the $750 mark, all of them will do the job. After that it just becomes what housing, size, focus wheel, accessories and warranty/service you like most. Really, there are no wrong answers above that price point.

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
good news is that my neighbor found the binos tossed into his yard. apparently the person didn't realize the value or just to bully for them.... but as a great junky and loving glass, I still may upgrade.