Low power variable scopes

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a scope for my new to me 336 in 35remington. Not sure what I want. I like the Leopold vx3 1.5-5, or maybe the freedom in 1.5-4. Not sure on the freedom lines quality though. Don’t now to much about other brands. I would like a 1x on he low end up to about 6. And I don’t want a tactical reticle. I want something that more of a traditional hunting scope, without extra bells and whistles. It will be going in Talley quick detach rings on a skinner peep sight base.

Any ideas on what I could look at, I’m in no rush to buy yet.

gbflyer

WKR
I have 2 Leupold 1.75-6 VX3’s. Older ones. At 1.75, there’s so much field of view that you can see the rifle barrel in the picture. One wears a German #4 reticle which is my favorite, the other a duplex. I’ve used them on rifles up to .458 Win Mag. For an all around set and forget hunting scope without a bunch of bells and whistles, it’s a hard model to beat.

I have a couple 2-7x33 VX-1's that have done very well for me. They have been on a half dozen rifles over the past 3-4 years and I've never wished for more scope on any of them. Every time I bring the 2-7x33 up I am always pleasantly surprised at how bright it is.

Bisley45

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a big fan of the 2-7x33 leupolds, it's a very sleek, lightweight, traditional scope that can be picked up for a great price used.