Which 15X? Sig Zulu 9 vs Leupold BX 5 vs Meopta Meostar

Hey, I'm looking to try the 15x platform, but I'm having trouble finding a pair to fit my eyes. I've tried the Vortex Vulture's and Maven B4's. Couldn't get either pair to work for me. The Vulture's were too wide, even when "folded" all the way in. Glass was outstanding on the Maven's, but when I brong them in close enough to fit my eyes, the eyepieces bump my nose. I think I can make them work, but I'm hoping something else out there will fit me better. I can get the 3 models above for about the same price. Any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

*bring*

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the 3 mentioned, but my eyes are close together as well, the Zeiss Conquest work perfect for me.

FlyGuy

WKR
I have trouble with inter pupillary distance as well. I have the meostars and they work for me. Have to close them all the way. I’ve never held the mavins. The sigs I held were just to heavy, but don’t recall if they were 15x or not.

You can’t cheat the mountain

I had similar eyecup issues with the Leupolds as you're describing with the Maven B4s. I would avoid the Leupolds for that reason. I would go with the Meopta Meostars, they're very well thought of around here.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Believe the zulu9 the Maven B2 are the same binocular, made in the same factory with different external style and housings. So the eye cups may have the same issue.

OK_hunter

FNG
I have the Cabela's branded meostars. I have really enjoyed having them in the field this year. My wife has very narrow eyes and she can use use the meostars as long as I have the right tripod adapter. Some of them don't allow the binoculars to fold in enough for her.

OP
Huntingpreacher
I reviewed the Meopta Meostar HD 15X56, and can fully recommend them.

Review: Meopta Meostar 15X56 HD Binocular - Rokslide

Hey Matt, your review was the main thing that influenced me to add them to the list of options. Thanks very much!

- - - Updated - - -

Believe the zulu9 the Maven B2 are the same binocular, made in the same factory with different external style and housings. So the eye cups may have the same issue.

Do you know if this is also the case for the Zulu 9 and Maven B4?

I would wait for an eBay coupon and get the Japan Nikon for a bit under $500

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I had a chance to use the Nikon MONARCH 5 16x56 bino's a while back. Very nice, clear and I thought the price was fair. I used them in a blind with a windshield mount and adapter. At 2.5 pounds I would have been ok using them without the mount as long as I had a place to rest my elbows. I do own a PROSTAFF 12X bino that has been deer hunting with me all over the SW and worked great.

My buddy had the nikons. While they are usable and you can find animals with them, an upgrade to the meoptas or conquests is well worth the money. I can’t say I really enjoyed looking through the nikons.

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
Having compared the Leupold BX-5s and Vortex Kaibabs (step above the vultures you looked at), I agree with a previous post that the Leupolds are heavier and larger than other 15x binos and personally think that the Vortex Kaibabs were clearer and brighter and are significantly cheaper than the BX-5s so not quite a close comparison. Although I don't have any other experience with the Zulu or Meopta I would change the thought of the BX-5 with the Vortex Kaibabs, but just my opinion