Are the older Swarovski's still good?

Saw a set of SLC 10x42 for sale at a decent price. However they were manufactured back in 2006. What are your thoughts? Are they the same SLCs they make now? Or would I be better off waiting and buying a new model?

Thanks

The glass is probably about the same,
I would assume the coatings are better now.
But as long as they are not scratched up they will be solid.

I think a better question might be how they stack up with the current bino's in the same price range (considering the Swaros are used).

I have had my slc's for 13 years now and they are as clear as the first time I looked through them. Probably my best investment for hunting.

Takem

WKR
I have had my slc's for 13 years now and they are as clear as the first time I looked through them. Probably my best investment for hunting.

I think mine are 16 years old now and I feel the same way. My brothers both have newer EL's and I don't feel there's enough of a difference to make the upgrade. The big bonus to me is Swarovski will take care of them. I have a pair of 15's I bought used and Swarovski did a warranty repair for free no questions asked.

If the SLC's were priced right and in good condition you would have a hard time beating them for the money. It's doubtful the glass is ground any better today. Yes todays coating may be a tad better but does that justify the cost?

Axlrod

WKR
My slc's are 11 years old still very sharp. You can send them in and have them went through. Last i heard you could have the HD lenses put in for around $350.

mrgreen

WKR
I just bought a pair from '07. Like Axelrod said, they just returned from Swaro. For under $350 they have new lenses, new eyecups, new focus wheel. Plus they were aligned and cleaned inside and out.

With that level of service available, I wouldn't hesitate to buy an older pair.