New Nikon Mirrorless Full Frame Cameras

Today Nikon announced the Z6 and Z7. Both are full frame Mirrorless cameras

The Z7 will start shipping 9/27/18 and the Z6 will follow at the end of November. With the Nikon FTZ adapter most Nikon AF lenses will work on the new system.

We are accepting orders now that will start shipping as noted. Please call me to discuss the cameras and lenses

Here are the key features of both cameras:
Z7
45.7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine
UHD 4K30 Video; N-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
493-Point Phase-Detect AF System
Built-In 5-Axis Vibration Reduction
0.80x 3.6m-Dot EVF with NIKKOR Optics
3.2" 2.1m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
9 fps Continuous Shooting; ISO 64-25600
Top-Panel Dot-Matrix OLED; XQD Card Slot

Shop Online | Camera Land NY

Z6
24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine
UHD 4K30 Video; N-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
273-Point Phase-Detect AF System
Built-In 5-Axis Vibration Reduction
0.80x 3.6m-Dot EVF with NIKKOR Optics
3.2" 2.1m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
12 fps Shooting; ISO 100-51200
Top-Panel Dot-Matrix OLED; XQD Card Slot
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

The FTZ adapter is amazing.

Enabling the use of nearly any Nikon F-mount lens on Z-mount mirrorless camera bodies, the FTZ Mount Adapter is a sophisticated means for expanding the range of usable lenses. While compatible with approximately 360 distinct F-mount lenses, this adapter is especially ideal for use with over 90 E, G, and D-type lenses, where it fully maintains autofocus and auto-exposure capabilities for seamless use of the SLR lenses on the mirrorless body. The adapter, which is built from magnesium alloy and is weather-sealed, also incorporates a 1/4"-20 mount on the base to provide a more balanced means for working on a tripod with longer, heavier lenses.

Lens Compatibility
Full AF/AE supported when using:
AF-S type G/D/E lenses
AF-P type G/E lenses
AF-I type D lenses
AF-S / AF-I teleconverters

Right now there are 3 new lenses that will be shipping between 9/27 and the end of October
Nikkor Z 24-70 F4 S 9/27/2018
Nikkor Z 35mm 1.8 S 9/27/2018
Nikkor Z 50mm 1.8 S 10/25/2018
Nikkor Z 58mm 0.95 Nocti lens 2019 ( No pricing yet)

I look forward to discussing this exciting new system with you. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

jspradley

WKR
I just bought my D750 and lenses too... lol

Those new cameras look SWEEEET but I'm afraid I'll have to wait until the price drops a bit. :-(

sneaky

"DADDY"
Not for me, but i'm sure they'll sell a ton of them. That price is ridiculous though from what I've seen. Seems to me that they've had years to observe Sony mirrorless and yet they pretty much just held serve with Sony and not the earth shattering debut I expected.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
The lens library seems to be their biggest selling point.

OP
C
Sony's are very well built cameras. Sony had a HUGE head start. Nikon enters the race, lets say a Marathon 20 miles behind with 7 miles left. They have MILLIONS of lenses out there, who wins the race? The adapter they developed will work with about 90% of the AF lenses in the market right now. It has 1 slot, big deal, buy a bigger card. It has the same 5 axis IS, which is fantastic.
They both will sell but Nikon will be back on top shortly, or at least until Canon comes to the dance. But there will be a true 3 horse race when that happens

jspradley

WKR
I'm mostly excited about all the used F-mount lenses (and maybe D850s!) that should be appearing on the market soon. muhahaha!

From the reviews I've seen of these the weather sealing seems to be on par with the D850.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Seems like enough shooters thought only 1 card slot was a big enough deal that Sony added slots. Buying a bigger card does nothing if your card goes bad on you during a shoot. If they want to charge more money for their bodies, they need to at least match tech since they've had years to study the market. I don't think Canon has anything for either Nikon or Sony at this point.

OP
C
Canon is way behind in this game on appearance, BUT there is Photokina in Germany in about a month and they may surprise everyone. Yes, 2 slots would have been the better way to go, but not a deal breaker for someone that has a lot of Nikon glass. They should have put in at least what Sony did.

mtmiller

WKR
Two slots would be preferable, but not a deal breaker since I am just a hobbyist and don't use the backup card option. I do wish for a better battery life (much better). Currently I am still leaning 850.