Good starter lense

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be getting the A6500 or the a7iii next year, most likely the 6500 since it’s cheaper and this will be my first camera. What would be a good starter lense? I would like it to be compact if possible as I will be doing vlogs with it. I plan on adding other lenses later down the road. Thanks for the info guys

young7.3

WKR
A popular for hunting would be the 18-105. It's not super compact but it is self contained so it won't extend out and lengthen while zooming. A good prime for vlogs and landscapes is the Sigma 16 mm f1.4. I own both and really like each. If you want the most bang for your buck the 18-200 would fit the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young7.3

WKR
Those are the e mount lens for the a6500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
So the 18-105 would be a good one to get for landscape, trophy, everyday shots? I guess I am looking for a good vlog lense and than a good all around one.

jspradley

WKR
If you are going with the A6500 a 20mm prime "pancake" lens would be a good option for vlogging, would give you a 30mm equivalent on the crop sensor.

If you can swing it I would reaalllly recommend dropping the extra $800 or so and going with the A7III over the A6500, I don't think you will regret going with the full frame camera. Or at the very least picking up a used A7II in good condition, those should be the same price as a new A6500.

The A6XXXX series are great cameras but if you can swing a full frame then go for it!

We have sold a TON of the 18-105 for vlog'ers. Having a power zoom for video is priceless. That's the lens to go with. When you are ready contact us and of course we will do what we can for you. Things change if you go full frame. By next year at CES in January there will probably be a 6700. Making videos for you tube or a website you are better off spending the extra $$ on glass and add versatility then going full frame.

Feel free to contact me with any questions

OP
H

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone for all the info. I could probably swing the full frame but would rather put the extra money that would go to that into other hunting gear. Escpecially since this is my first camera I figure if I really like it and get really into it I can always upgrade later after I figure everything out. I can’t wait to get the camera though that’s for sure! I am saving my pennies hopefully it won’t take to long!