Sony A6000 Wide angle lens advice

I have a sony A6000 with the 16-50mm lens that came with it, and a 50-200mm zoom lens. I also have a 50mm f1.4 canon lens with an adapter. I think I would benefit from a wide angle lens, and I know there are a few out there. The rokinon 12mm and the sony 16mm with the fish eye adapter makes it a 12mm is out there. Any other thoughts or opinions??

jspradley

WKR
If you don't need manual focus the rokinon 12mm F2.8 is a great lens and not stupid expensive. I just sold mine or I'd cut you a deal...

OP
B
If you don't need manual focus the rokinon 12mm F2.8 is a great lens and not stupid expensive. I just sold mine or I'd cut you a deal...

Man that would have been awesome. So the rokinon 12mm is auto focus on the sony A6000?

OP
B
Nah, it's a strictly manual focus lens. I know Rokinon has started making AF lenses so they may make an AF version now..not sure.

I think thats completly ok for me. at that wide of angle, focus isnt a big deal for me.

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
The Rokinon/Samyang 12mm f/2 is pretty good for the price. There are other prime options in 12 or 14mm, but the cost starts going up.

In zooms, there’s the Sony 10-18 and 12-24 G Master.

If you’re a hobbyist on a budget, get the Rokiyang and go enjoy it. The a6000’s focus peaking makes manual focus very easy. With the properties of wide angle lenses and normal landscape shooting apertures, you can pretty much “set it and forget it”. I’ll often get mine focused and tape the focus ring down for a shooting session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
The Rokinon/Samyang 12mm f/2 is pretty good for the price. There are other prime options in 12 or 14mm, but the cost starts going up.

In zooms, there’s the Sony 10-18 and 12-24 G Master.

If you’re a hobbyist on a budget, get the Rokiyang and go enjoy it. The a6000’s focus peaking makes manual focus very easy. With the properties of wide angle lenses and normal landscape shooting apertures, you can pretty much “set it and forget it”. I’ll often get mine focused and tape the focus ring down for a shooting session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea i am just a hobbyist, is the lens you are talking about a rokinon or samyang, or do they each make their own version of the 12mm?

jspradley

WKR
Yea i am just a hobbyist, is the lens you are talking about a rokinon or samyang, or do they each make their own version of the 12mm?

Samyang, Rokinon, Bower, all the same company. Sometimes you can find the Samyang version a little bit cheaper for some reason I can't figure out... but all the exact same lens.

Hold the presses!!!

Laowa, which are well regarded has a 10-18mm 4.5-5.6 that can be used on crop sensor, what you have, or full frame A7 series, shipping in about 4 -5 weeks. It's a manual focus lens. Just played with it at a convention. It's terrific, tack sharp. It retails for $849.99 and would be $799.99 for members here.
Give me a call if you ar5e interested or e-mail me at [email protected]

I am out today back Monday

OP
B
Hold the presses!!!

Laowa, which are well regarded has a 10-18mm 4.5-5.6 that can be used on crop sensor, what you have, or full frame A7 series, shipping in about 4 -5 weeks. It's a manual focus lens. Just played with it at a convention. It's terrific, tack sharp. It retails for $849.99 and would be $799.99 for members here.
Give me a call if you ar5e interested or e-mail me at [email protected]

I am out today back Monday

Thanks a lot for the offer! I think I will pass tho. Thats quite a ways out of my price range