Video Setup... What to buy

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
I'm primarily an archery and would love to capture a hunt on video. I could see setting up some selfie style scenes but would like to have someone film the stalk and shot.

I dont have an ulimited budget but any suggestions on putting a kit together for 1-2k.

The only thing I would like to use is my slik tripod and outdoorsman panhead.

Please help me cut down the learning curve. Looking to avoid buying twice. A fried took the photo 2017 it was another opportunity missed. My brother digiscoped a hunt this year but that was a tease pretty poor quality.Waiting.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There are a lot of options available to you in that price range. Are you looking for a camcorder or a Digital SLR. The market is going to Mirrorless SLR's. What kind of zoom are you looking for?
Feel free to give me a call at 516-217-1000. I am here today until 5:30 and tomorrow from 10-5

Jimss

WKR
I do a lot of scouting and having video that can zoom is a definite advantage. I originally bought a high priced Canon camcorder that did an excellent job but unfortunately wet weather on an Alaska trip ruined it! I then bought a Panasonic HDC-TM60 on Craigslist for $75 that does a fantastic job. It takes HD video with a super powerful 35x lens. It is small enough that I can fit it in a large pocket. I used it last season on my son's bighorn sheep hunt and this year on an Alaska mtn goat and Wyo antelope scouting trips/hunt. It's worked flawlessly. If something happens to it..,,no big deal!

I also have a Canon SX60 HS with 65x optical zoom. It takes great photos plus video. It isn't too terribly expensive.

With that said, it's possible to get a super nearly new camcorder on Craigslist, Ebay for relatively cheap.

I do a lot of scouting and having video that can zoom is a definite advantage. I originally bought a high priced Canon camcorder that did an excellent job but unfortunately wet weather on an Alaska trip ruined it! I then bought a Panasonic HDC-TM60 on Craigslist for $75 that does a fantastic job. It takes HD video with a super powerful 35x lens. It is small enough that I can fit it in a large pocket. I used it last season on my son's bighorn sheep hunt and this year on an Alaska mtn goat and Wyo antelope scouting trips/hunt. It's worked flawlessly. If something happens to it..,,no big deal!

I also have a Canon SX60 HS with 65x optical zoom. It takes great photos plus video. It isn't too terribly expensive.

With that said, it's possible to get a super nearly new camcorder on Craigslist, Ebay for relatively cheap.

Have you enlarged any of the pics from that Canon? How is video quality on zoom? I want a bridge camera but fear it may not fit my needs.