Advice for keeping batteries charged in cold weather

OK_hunter

FNG
I am new to digiscoping, and currently use an iphone and phonescope adapter. I was out glassing for whitetails last week and found that I couldn't have my phone out for more than 10 minutes before the cold crashed the battery. Does anyone have any tips for keeping the phone charged in the cold? I think I might try connecting a portable charger to it while digiscoping with the portable charger inside my coat to keep it warm. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have a better suggestion?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Keep it inside your coat to keep the batteries warm until you need to use it. Put it back inside your coat when you're done

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
O

OK_hunter

FNG
I was doing what I could to keep it warm, including keeping it in my coat before use. The problem was I needed to have it out to take pictures and videos of deer and elk, and when the the action is going I had to keep it out or I would miss the bucks sparing since they were in and out of view. I am just looking for a way to record more than the first couple of deer that come through.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I was doing what I could to keep it warm, including keeping it in my coat before use. The problem was I needed to have it out to take pictures and videos of deer and elk, and when the the action is going I had to keep it out or I would miss the bucks sparing since they were in and out of view. I am just looking for a way to record more than the first couple of deer that come through.
Long charging cable with something like a Poseidon charger inside your coat

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I second the large battery pack inside a coat pocket with charging cable. They can be had fairly cheap on Amazon.