New camera on my mind, need help selecting

So I was dead set on upgrading my Nikon 5100 to a Nikon D750. But then I saw all the info on the Sony A7 III. Has some great features and newer technology than the 750. But I am really concerned about durability plus weather proof. Sounds like the Sony might lag way behind the 750 in those areas ? Any experience on these cameras?

Thanks!

sfc2140

FNG
I have the a7 iii and a rx100 mkV and both cameras are awesome. I love the features of the A7 and the picture quality is amazing. I am no professional just like to get out and snap some pics while I'm out and it hasn't let me down. I love the quality of the rx100 and portability. I have never had any issues with durability with either Sony and I do use them a lot, but I am also very careful and make sure they are packed properly when n transport. I haven't had either exposed to many weather elements so I can't comment on that. In my opinion you can't go wrong with the a7 it's a great camera

What specs do you HAVE to have? Are you mainly doing pics or video? I have been using a Panasonic LUMIX g85 the last two years and I freakin love that camera. Weather sealed, small/light, wide range of lenses that aren’t that expensive, great video and picture quality. Only downside is the small sensor in some lowlight situations with the kit lens. My f1.7 25mm is killer in low light. I can post up some pics/video if you want another option to look into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No comparison what so ever. The Sony, other then the Nikon D850, has no competition under $4000 other then their own A7RMK3.
The Sony focuses faster, is weatherproof, has 5 axis image stabilization built in. Plus the 693 AF points compared to the D750's 51. Sony is 4K video to 1080 on Nikon.
They are both just as durable and have similar weatherproofing. That's where it ends.
Both cameras will allow you to do virtually any photography you want to do, Sony with no limits, Nikon with some (no 4k, no built in IS)

To flinginairos comment. There are good crop sensor cameras out there. We prefer the Olympus OM-5MK2, alsop weather proof and 5 axis IS built in, but in Full Frame Sony is by far the way to go
Give me a call and mention Rokslide. We always do the best we can for members here

Look forward to hearing from you

Joel