First electronic predator call?

What is a good solid remote predator call that won’t break the bank?
I’m thinking mainly for coyotes and bobs but wouldn’t mind trying it for bears.

I’m all for buy once cry once, but I’m not sure wether or not this will be a dalliance or a full blown obsession so I’m not looking to spend a lot of cash ... yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoxPro Inferno is $200 call that will serve you well. If you buy it from All Predator Calls dot com you can pick the sounds you want (I think 75 is what it comes with) from their ever growing list of sounds. You can spend a lot more to get more bells and whistles but basic sounds will kill 99% of the coyotes you encounter. Cats are much easier, dumber. If you find predator hunting to be your PASSION, sell that call in upgrade later.

Mt Al

WKR
I bought a foxpro wildfire for portability and price. Distance is fine with the remote, you can put your own sounds on it and it's pretty small - nice for getting way off the road. I think I paid about $130.

I bet the Inferno is well worth the extra money.

Not recommended for dedicated predator hunting, but I often bring a pretty loud, battery operated blue tooth speaker and use predator calls loaded on my smart phone. Works in a pinch, distance between the speaker and phone is SHORT, like 25 feet. I only do this when going light/far and not focusing on predators only.

FlyGuy

WKR
Great thread. I have been wondering about this too. Seems like there are a bunch of potential crap units at $200 or less, then a big jump up to around $400. Didn't want to go $400 right out of the gate as I don't know if I'll put much time into it, but worried that all the lower cost units will suck bad. Glad to hear there are a few decent options out there for a starter.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

OP
skaldugwas
Well, I ordered an inferno. Worst case scenario I can irritate my @&$hole neighbor with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
Inferno is a great call. Hope you got a bunch of free sounds with it. All Predator Calls is a great store. I also have a JS horn speaker that you can hookup to it for more range .